Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Configuring a Windows 8.0 computer

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post

Running the EXE as Administrator is a work-around, but then you lose drag 'n' drop, which I find really handy with SF. Anyway, this is a known issue caused by something funky in the registry folder structure after migrating to Windows 10. I "fixed" it a couple weeks ago (and posted about it) with the Sony-recommended solution, which, IIRC, involved deleting a folder in the registry. It worked at first, but today it started happening again. I suppose I could try reinstalling SF.
    So Dave, my solution, lately, for dealing with the loss of drag 'n' drop is to right-click on the file I want and use the "Open With" menu item. It's almost as convenient and avoids having to use the File/Open menu to browse for the file I'm already staring at.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    So Dave, my solution, lately, for dealing with the loss of drag 'n' drop is to right-click on the file I want and use the "Open With" menu item. It's almost as convenient and avoids having to use the File/Open menu to browse for the file I'm already staring at.
    Good thought. I do use this when SF isn't already open; it hasn't occurred to me to use it when SF is already open. Thanks.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Good thought. I do use this when SF isn't already open; it hasn't occurred to me to use it when SF is already open. Thanks.
    Same here, until I got tired of not doing so - It actually works very nicely.