Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RME digi 9652

Default RME digi 9652

I know, stupid question but....
    any chance of using it with a 64bit win7???

Blog Entries

Default Re: RME digi 9652

Hello,

If they do not have drivers for 64-bit - then no!

And from the RME Web site they do not....as I am sure you have all determined for yourself.

If you do have a test system, install the card and see what happens.

I would rather doubt that it would work though - especially under WIN8/10.

3. Default Re: RME digi 9652

I use this card in my backup system and that has to run Windows XP. Doesn't matter though as my main system is also running XP. Never have problems with XP.

edit: Oh dug up an old thread...

RME answers the OP here.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I use a 9632 card on my 64 bit Windows 7 system and it works flawlessly.

How, what drivers? can you share or is this just a joke?

I don’t recall which drivers. It has been flawlessly functioning for probably 4 years now. Its just a PCIe interface if it connects it connects, it doesnt matter if it is 64 bit or not so long as there are drivers for your OS. RME does have 64 bit drivers for those devices or they wouldn’t still sell that hardware. Depending upon hardware and firmware you might have to update the firmware which is what I had to do initially. Its rock solid and has been for a longtime. Go read the manuals and all of the information they provide for updating the firmware. If you make a mistake updating the firmware you might be sending it to RME to get it repaired.

That isn't a digi 9632 then. Categorically the old unsupported rme cards will not work on 64-bit Windows. The hdsp cards are still supported I believe
    Last edited by Mattseymour; 01-03-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Correct errors

Are you suggesting I didn’t consciously buy something and didn’t consciously build the computer piece by piece with my own bare hands then make it all work? Are you also suggesting RME doesn't still sell the 9632 cards with drivers they are just ripping people off on equipment that doesn't work on 64 bit operating systems which is 90% of computers people buy these days? I am telling you it works because it does so don’t be fooled by these people who keep saying 64 bit systems won’t work with the RME cards because they most certainly do. You can even go on their website right now and go download the drivers for them in about 2 minutes. As I said before if you are going to update the firmware follow their directions exactly.

And yes mine is the older Hammer Fall DIGI 9632 version.