Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scenes

1. Default Scenes

I am struggling with scenes and partial data.

I am mostly running the show live but want to automate just some functions. These are mainly pan and fader levels. It appears the updating a scenes does not append changes to a scene but changes it completely?

As a direct example of my problem Vocalist one asks for his vocal to be louder for song A only, easy enough, to program one change so I store this, and a scene to return it to normal.

next day vocalist two asks for his vocal also be louder in the same song, so i update the scene with that Chanel. On recall the scene has now lost vocalist A Chanel change.

There must be some way of dealing with this? Obviously I can select all the channels each time I update, but in complex scenes this means having to remember exactly what parameters of what channels I have previously programmed to change to sect them. a 2.5 minuit song will be over before you can update a scenes using that method.

Default Re: Scenes

Be SURE you are in the correct scene AND that is also the scene selected in the list
    Then select both chs hit update say yes to update partial chs and just return on the scene window

Butch

Just first recall the scene you want to update... then make the added adjustment and use the scene update function. This guarantees that the original scene settings are currently activated before you make the new changes.

Bob L

4. Default Re: Scenes

Butch is correct. You must be in the correct scene and have that scene highlighted in the Scenes Window. Then make your change and choose each and every channel that is already changed by that scene as well as the new channel that you want changed by the scene. When you click update and the Update window comes up the parameters that you originally chose to change in that scene will already be chosen, so you won't have to remember them. Just make sure that the parameter of the new channel in the scene is chosen as well. Hit OK and the scene will be saved with the new update.
    Don't forget to update any related scenes that restore parameters back to what they were before that scene.

5. Default Re: Scenes

So Bob and airickess you have both given me different answers? Bob is saying that as long as you are in that scene then you can update one channel without losing other channel info , which is not my experience of this.

airickess is saying you do have to select every channel you want to be in the scene every time you update this.

If this is the case then it does not make sense to me at the moment, because that means if a want and pan change only on one channel and a fader change on another I cant separate them?

so going with the developers advice- process should be-

to update one channel on scenes a.

1. recall scene

2.make Chanel change (say pan to left channel 6)

3 select channel 6
    4 click update
    5 selct parameters pan parameter and relevant mixer.
    6 click update

result should be all previous scene parameters on all mixers are still there and the new change is added to the scene?

I have tried this and it does not work

So in realty I have to remember (write down) every channel that has changes on each scene and I can.t actually separate pan recall on one channel from fader recall on another?

so what does the attachment's parameters do then, I have tried both options and can see no difference.

Blog Entries

Hugh,

Have a look at the attached and let me know what you think: Attachment 2138

If you say no it keeps the original channel list if you say yes it updates the channel list with what ever channels are selected OR ALL channels if none are selected

Butch

Bob how about making NO the default answer in update partial ch list
    If you just hit return it does update which is NOT what I want 95% of the time
    Pleeeezzzz

Butch

Try this... recall the scene... make any adjustments to knobs and switch settings that you want to change... select Update scene (this captures the new settings), then say NO (most of the time) to the prompt and all the previously selected channels and mixers and properties are recalled for you... you do not have to reselect them yourself... if you are not changing the chan info or properties, select OK and you are done... if you are adding or subtracting new chan info, then just select or deselect the new chans you want to change and use the update partial button that is in the scene properties dialog... this adds the new chan info into the already existing partial list... then say OK.

If you are updating multiple scenes back to back and want the new chan partial data to share between scenes, when you exit the first scene properties dialog, use Ctrl-OK and it will leave the newly selected partial chans active... then answer YES on the partial prompt to overwrite the old partial data with the new as you do the following scene updates... this saves you from having to manually change the list over and over as you update the multiple scenes.

The prompt gives you the power and ability to choose between presetting the partial chan info to a completely new chan list before entering the scene properties page (overwriting the old) or having the old partial list being reselected for you, letting you keep the original... once inside the scene properties dialog, you can now add or subtract to that already selected list and use the update partial button on the properties page to change the list, or leave the list as it was.

Bob L

10. Default Re: Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Bos View Post
    If you say no it keeps the original channel list if you say yes it updates the channel list with what ever channels are selected OR ALL channels if none are selected

Butch
    are you sure you mean channel list here as in kick, snare, hat etc i am not trying to change the channel list , asaposed to something else?