Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: New Thing: "Path Does Not Exist!"

Quote Originally Posted by John Ludlow View Post
    You're welcome - for what little help I've been.

Sorry - I presumed you were British from your 'About Me'. It seemed kind of reasonable that you might have a French version of W10 due to the physical proximity of the UK and France. But now - less so as an American to me. If you don't mind me asking - I'm very curious: how did you happen to end up with a French version of Windows? I don't even know how I would acquire one - most especially without being a French speaker.
    I am American; my wife is French; we lived in the UK from 1997-2019 (-ish); I still officially have a residence in the UK. Between Brexit and COVID we have been in France for nearly 2 years now. I have several properties in the UK; main residence is in St Neots- but spend most of my time in French countryside home.

I ordered the parts and built this machine in France in 2018. I ordered the English version of Windows from a French vendor...unbeknownst to me at time of ordering the vendor delivered a French version of windows...it doesn't have to be, but it installed itself that way even with me choosing English as the language. I have been using SAWStudio Lite without issue on this machine for many, many jobs....this problem has only become an issue with SS64...
    why? I have yet to figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Dell,
    indeed, I am usually very careful with file/ folder naming; typically preferring camel case and underscore or hyphen.
    I'll check out the link.

I certainly recall ISO image palava and the 6 or 8 character limit.

I'll rename my file tree and see if that solves the issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post

...Really!...from what I have seen...this careful-ness would not appear to be the case?

Dell,
    As I said "usually"...in this case, tho, using the copy titles might be causing the issue- which is my mistake

I have not been having such problems with other software; only SS64 is complaining
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

So, I have tested this a little today and find that once the "path does not exist" warning displays; SS64 will not render to any destination afterward
    have to restart SAW

Reason 10 complains about the 214 character path; and if I move up a folder level>then Reason will render as normal after reporting the exception on a previous export attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Realize that Windows internally (and the internal program strings representing paths in the program) has a path size limit of 240 characters... seems like you might be coming close to that with paths as you describe.

Bob L

PS2: And even though considered by some to be improper usage, I do prefer the use of "underscores" for filename usage as the use of underscores - or dashes for that matter, prevent the insertion of %20% for spaces in filenames and paths.
    OK, clearly user error is my issue
    So I said my character count was 214...
    so add another 3 characters for all of the spaces "20%" and that equates to over 240 characters :-|

I typically use "-" or "_" as space replacements which I did not do here for this new client
    thanks for the help everyone
    I apologize for the distraction :-/

Blog Entries

Todd,

I have not been having such problems with other software; only SS64 is complaining
    ... Todd, please understand, this is NOT, I repeat, NOT a SS64 issue!

If other software is not complaining as you state, such not complaining should not be construed as if SS64 IS the issue.

For my testing - which is rather extensive, all RML Software adheres to proper and legal Windows path and file-naming rules.
    * For example, on page 42 of the SAWStudio64 User Manual, it states,

"Note that if any of the target line paths or names contain spaces, be sure to enclose the full pathname in quotes, with the /P option (if used) placed outside of the quotes.

Example: "C:\SAWStudio\SAWStudio.exe D:\Audio\Test 2\New Test.edl" /P
    "

* In my particular situation, as I loath using double quotes, I opt to use underscores. And as I am always in control of path and file-naming - any-and-all path and file-naming issues will never be an issue for me and my house.

OK, clearly user error is my issue
    So I said my character count was 214...
    so add another 3 characters for all of the spaces "20%" and that equates to over 240 characters :-|

I typically use "-" or "_" as space replacements which I did not do here for this new client
    thanks for the help everyone
    I apologize for the distraction :-/
    Ah! Character expansion. Good catch, Dell.

I am American; my wife is French; we lived in the UK from 1997-2019 (-ish); I still officially have a residence in the UK. Between Brexit and COVID we have been in France for nearly 2 years now. I have several properties in the UK; main residence is in St Neots- but spend most of my time in French countryside home.

I ordered the parts and built this machine in France in 2018. I ordered the English version of Windows from a French vendor...unbeknownst to me at time of ordering the vendor delivered a French version of windows...it doesn't have to be, but it installed itself that way even with me choosing English as the language. I have been using SAWStudio Lite without issue on this machine for many, many jobs....this problem has only become an issue with SS64...
    why? I have yet to figure that out
    That certainly explains it. Curiosity satisfied.

Todd,

... Todd, please understand, this is NOT, I repeat, NOT a SS64 issue!

If other software is not complaining as you state, such not complaining should not be construed as if SS64 IS the issue.

For my testing - which is rather extensive, all RML Software adheres to proper and legal Windows path and file-naming rules.
    * For example, on page 42 of the SAWStudio64 User Manual, it states,

"Note that if any of the target line paths or names contain spaces, be sure to enclose the full pathname in quotes, with the /P option (if used) placed outside of the quotes.

Example: "C:\SAWStudio\SAWStudio.exe D:\Audio\Test 2\New Test.edl" /P
    "

* In my particular situation, as I loath using double quotes, I opt to use underscores. And as I am always in control of path and file-naming - any-and-all path and file-naming issues will never be an issue for me and my house.
    no problem, I was just trying different software to troubleshoot and eventually reveal my user error
    and reporting my findings
    Hey, I love SAWStudio...I always have

so I am amidst re-naming my folders for this client
    I thought I had to repath all my VST presets; which I had no intention of testing whether the repath is required or not
    far too much time goes into tweaking VSTs than it is worth a gamble on messing them up
    no problem; tedious little task
    Last edited by Todd R; 06-30-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Todd,

Please see here...[Click_Me]

John,

Here in Canada, much of the software that is provided is in both English and French. Though the software portion is not an issue - keyboards can be!

So, as a result, I often opt to obtain my keyboards from the US - if an English-only option is not available to me.
    That's interesting. I've often wondered how they sort that when not making the effort (and going to the expense) of making the software deliberately 'omni-national'. Ditto keyboards since I know that they are different to handle the additional characters. I would have thought that the OS would just interpret whatever keycode is sent from the keyboard. So, in a similar way that you can arrange to make your English keyboard be Dvorak, I thought the French keyboard would just send additional keycodes for the accents that the English (American) one does not. The extended ASCII set handles French. It's odd that they would cause problems. But, of course, we only have one kind for sale here in spite of the growing portion of the shadow population now that primarily speaks Spanish. So, I've never actually had to encounter it (nor wanted to).