Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Importing ProTools Session to Saw

Is SS BWF Helper still good for Win 10?

I get nothing but 000000b7 errors when trying to install the demo.

Consolidate track option is not an option (originator doesn't have access to his Protools rig.

I'm not sure if the PT tracks were timed stamped (which would allow me to use BWF) but I thought I'd give it a try, however, BWF isn't installing on Win10.

1. Have any of you had successful import with BWF on Win10?
    2. Are there other import options for 2016?
    3. Is there some cleaver way to import a useable placement of the files from PT session in the MT?
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Importing ProTools Session to Saw

Carl, I think that this should do what you want..

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

I think the creator of this program stops in here sometimes, named Runaway?
    Last edited by Shawn; 01-23-2016 at 10:57 AM.
    Shawn...

Thanks Shawn, I do try to keep a jaundiced eye across as many forums as I can ;-)

@Carl. G: If you only have the one session to convert then email me the PT session file (PTF or PTX) and I will convert it to a SAW EDL for you.

Email to: info at aatranslator dot com dot au

Quote Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
    Thanks Shawn, I do try to keep a jaundiced eye across as many forums as I can ;-)

@Carl. G: If you only have the one session to convert then email me the PT session file (PTF or PTX) and I will convert it to a SAW EDL for you.

Wow. What a kind offer!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

wow... thanks!
    Will do.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Wow. What a kind offer!
    Well, I have to give a good recommendation for AAtranslator, and the kindness of "Runaway" (here on the forum). He helped me out with a Pro-tools conversion and it worked pretty well going into SawStudio. All the regions were in place, all the labels were there, all the pans were in place (important in Pro-tools single track land), and most all the files were converted from the Protools format to Wav.
    His program is a wonder for those needing conversions between major DAWS, including SawStudio!
    In fact, he helped me with a quick temporary conversion need at no charge - wouldn't even take dinner money/tip/etc.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 01-26-2016 at 12:51 AM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Thanks for the feedback Carl G.

"and most all the files were converted from the Protools format to Wav"
    Just an FYI, AAT has an option to convert AIF files to wav, I just didn't select that option ;-)

Thanks for the feedback Carl G.

"and most all the files were converted from the Protools format to Wav"
    Just an FYI, AAT has an option to convert AIF files to wav, I just didn't select that option ;-)
    An amazing program. Very nice! (FYI, SawStudio does play AIF files).
    As mentioned earlier, it would be nice to have EQ and fader moves in conversion from other formats to SawStudio, if possible. Or, perhaps that's something that is already optional in the export parameters of a particular DAW?

For what it's worth, SawStudio already has one-click ability to export tracks to sound files with and without mixer processing (including plugins), for immediate use elsewhere. So that's an added tremendous flexibility built in to SawStudio for exports.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    An amazing program. Very nice! (FYI, SawStudio does play AIF files).
    As mentioned earlier, it would be nice to have EQ and fader moves in conversion from other formats to SawStudio, if possible. Or, perhaps that's something that is already optional in the export parameters of a particular DAW?
    AAT does read track volume, track pan & track mute details as well as both clip envelopes (gain & pan) if present and also clip gain. If the destination daw has all of these components then AAT should write them to the destination format - from memory we only write track volume, pan and mute as I don't recall SAW having clip volume envelopes.

For example in the PTX I converted there should have been the following volume changes (dB) on track 11 at these sample points

0 -5.10
    1443363 -5.10
    1443364 -4.80
    1459391 -4.80
    1459392 -5.10
    4952947 -5.10
    4952948 -4.80
    5039918 -5.10
    7675903 -5.10
    7675904 -4.80
    7725055 -4.80
    7725056 -5.10
    7743733 -5.10
    7743734 -4.80
    7759761 -4.80
    7759762 -5.10
    7985977 -5.10
    7985978 -4.80
    8022073 -4.80
    8022074 -5.10
    27405311 -5.10
    27405312 -4.80
    27615231 -4.80
    27615232 -5.10

Are we talking the same thing?

Cheers
    M

[QUOTE=
    Are we talking the same thing?

Cheers
    M[/QUOTE]
    "Cheers" is Right!! Big Smile on my face now.
    They were stark changes in level instead of "gradual fader changes", but perhaps that's the way they originally adjusted their session.
    But it is very nice to know fader *and* pans are all in there!

There were also lots of "Soft Edges" at beginning or end of regions... which is great. What PT automation parameter is AAT translating into SawStudio SoftEdge automation? (which in essence fades audio at beginning/end of region, without fader moves)
    Last edited by Carl G.; 01-29-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com