Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAC remote

Default SAC remote

Hi,
    I would like to ask you, if the newer version of SAC remote allows to set FX plugins (e.g. Echo/Delay, Graphic equalizer, mp3play). I can only add/delete or switch the FX on/off on the remote console. I would like to play some mp3 with the mp3play VTS plugin from the SAC remote too.

Default Re: SAC remote

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Kijonka View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to ask you, if the newer version of SAC remote allows to set FX plugins (e.g. Echo/Delay, Graphic equalizer, mp3play). I can only add/delete or switch the FX on/off on the remote console. I would like to play some mp3 with the mp3play VTS plugin from the SAC remote too.
    The short answer is no. You can't use SAC remote to play mp3s.
    Even if SAC remote allowed you to load the plug-in, SAC remote is just that, a remote. There is no audio engine and it doesn't pass audio from the host to the remote or from the remote to the host. It only passes control data.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    The short answer is no. You can't use SAC remote to play mp3s.
    Even if SAC remote allowed you to load the plug-in, SAC remote is just that, a remote. There is no audio engine and it doesn't pass audio from the host to the remote or from the remote to the host. It only passes control data.
    Thank you. However, it could be possible only to control the FX plugin. For example, the mp3 data would be stored on the host PC with SAC and the SAC remote could only control the mp3 player. I use an old version of SAC (version 2.1). When I double click on the FX plugin (settings) it says that the function is not implemented. But I suppose, that the possibility of controlling mp3 player and set other plugins (Echo/Delay, Graphic EQ, other) is possible.

SAC can control its basic plugins (except the current Reverb) directly from the remotes.

The reverb plugin can be controlled with the use of scenes to load different chambers and settings from the remotes.

VST plugins can be installed on both the host and the remote and can then be controlled indirectly by adjusting controls on the remote and then using a special send command to the host to duplicate the resulting changes.

There are certain mp3 players that can be remotely controlled over the network as well.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    SAC can control its basic plugins (except the current Reverb) directly from the remotes.

The reverb plugin can be controlled with the use of scenes to load different chambers and settings from the remotes.

VST plugins can be installed on both the host and the remote and can then be controlled indirectly by adjusting controls on the remote and then using a special send command to the host to duplicate the resulting changes.

There are certain mp3 players that can be remotely controlled over the network as well.

Bob L
    Hello,
    my plan is to have all the audio equipment (including SAC) on stage. I want to control Mixer mainly remotely via the SAC remote (with FOH access permission).

To see how for example the {SAC} Studio Echo/Delay sounds, I have to be in front of the stage and adjust the plugin remotely (not only via pre-defined scenes). I want to create these scenes remotely.

I use the
    {VST} Dual Linkwitz-Riley Filters
    {VST} mp3play2
    plugins. What are the special commands for these plugins ? Where can I find it and how can I do it ?

Is it suitable to use the shared desktop in this case (without use of any remote software) ? Could it reduce the performance ?

Thank you,
    Jan Kijonka
    Last edited by Jan Kijonka; 02-09-2016 at 08:58 AM.

As I said... the Studio echo as well as the Eq and Levelizer and Frequency Analyzer can be directly controlled on the remote... just make sure to install them on the remote as well as the host.

For the VST plugs, install them on the remote as well... thern you can open them and adjust the controls locally, then right-click the blue pyramid icon at the top of the plugin window and it will send those new settings to the host.

All this info is in the helpfile and pdf manual.

You will want to move up to the version 3.1 from your older version, or make the jump across the 4.0 version to get access to the current expanded features.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    As I said... the Studio echo as well as the Eq and Levelizer and Frequency Analyzer can be directly controlled on the remote... just make sure to install them on the remote as well as the host.

For the VST plugs, install them on the remote as well... thern you can open them and adjust the controls locally, then right-click the blue pyramid icon at the top of the plugin window and it will send those new settings to the host.

All this info is in the helpfile and pdf manual.

You will want to move up to the version 3.1 from your older version, or make the jump across the 4.0 version to get access to the current expanded features.

Bob L
    My SAC remote didn't contain any plugins. The folders: Native_PlugIns and VST_PlugIns were empty. I have copied the plugins from the SAC, but they don't initialize on SAC remote start up. I have tried to install any other VST plugins to the VST_PlugIns folder, but without success. The FX list is still empty. However all these plugins are working in the SAC. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Kijonka View Post
    My SAC remote didn't contain any plugins. The folders: Native_PlugIns and VST_PlugIns were empty. I have copied the plugins from the SAC, but they don't initialize on SAC remote start up. I have tried to install any other VST plugins to the VST_PlugIns folder, but without success. The FX list is still empty. However all these plugins are working in the SAC. Please help.
    Sorry to butt in, but note that Bob has said that you have to install the plug-ins, not just copy them to the remote.

VST plug-ins require some fudging around to get them to show up in the FX list. The info you need is available here and probably in the manual for getting this to happen. Sorry to not be able to assist in the instruction for this... best of luck. It's not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Sorry to butt in, but note that Bob has said that you have to install the plug-ins, not just copy them to the remote.

VST plug-ins require some fudging around to get them to show up in the FX list. The info you need is available here and probably in the manual for getting this to happen. Sorry to not be able to assist in the instruction for this... best of luck. It's not difficult.
    Yes, but the two VST plugins:
    "Dual Linkwitz-Riley Filters"
    "mp3play2"
    have installations that simply expands the dll files, which I copied to the VST_PlugIns folder (in this way, my plugins worked in SAC, but not in the SAC remote). The versions of SAC and SAC remote are the same (2.1).

I don't have the native plugins instalations => I only copied the dlls files. I have tried also to create ini files according to the manual, without sucess.
    Last edited by Jan Kijonka; 02-09-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Note that I also said to update to at least ver 3.1 (free to registered users). Code was altered in version 2.3 to allow for the remote network aware protocol.

Version 2.1 is too far back.

Bob L