Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SAC remote

Default Re: SAC remote

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Note that I also said to update to at least ver 3.1 (free to registered users). Code was altered in version 2.3 to allow for the remote network aware protocol.

Version 2.1 is too far back.

Bob L
    Thank you Bob. I will upgrade to the newer version. I tried to install some plugins into the 3.1 and 4.1 versions of SAC remote and it works. These versions have also the two native plugins installed by default, but my version 2.1 has no plugin installed by default. So the plugins weren't supported until the SAC remote version 2.3 ?
    Last edited by Jan Kijonka; 02-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Another question:

Will be there any SAC remote application for Android ? Especially with PER-MONx permission only ? Each participant/musician would be able to set his monitor. The console view and controls should be limited and optimized for a smaller LCD screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Kijonka View Post
    Another question:

Will be there any SAC remote application for Android ? Especially with PER-MONx permission only ? Each participant/musician would be able to set his monitor. The console view and controls should be limited and optimized for a smaller LCD screen.
    Short answer is no.

SAC remote works great on any number of tablets that are now available with windows 8/10. Many of them can be had for less than $200.

The latest version 4.x already has a tablet view optimized for smaller screens.

As an example, I purchased the following Lenovo IdeaTab Miix 2 10.1" Laptop/Tablet 1.33G 2GB 64GB Win8.1 for $186

---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

It looks great! My idea was that the musicians will have mobile phones that still carry with them and simply install some aplication and connect (in five minutes maximum).

A phone screen is just to small to work well
    I have tried using remote desktop and midi over network stuff
    I just leave a netbook on stage and the musicians grab it and adjust as needed

Butch

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Bos View Post
    A phone screen is just to small to work well
    I have tried using remote desktop and midi over network stuff
    I just leave a netbook on stage and the musicians grab it and adjust as needed

Butch
    The SAC computer user rights MON (all monitors) running at some tablet is also good idea. But during the live performance, some musicians would appreciate quick access - only a few sliders on their phone LCD with acces only to their monitor MONx.

I use foobar https://www.foobar2000.org/, running on the host, to play mp3, flac, wav, etc. I control it all remotely via SACRemote and the remote browser interface, foo_httpcontrol: https://bitbucket.org/oblikoamorale/foo_httpcontrol/wiki/Home. I even have a directory with audio test wav files (sweeps, tones, dry snare hits, dry guitar samples, etc.) I can use for system testing or FX setup. Using an RME RayDAT card, I have the S-PDIF output from foobar looped back the S-PDIF input that shows up on a SAC channel. This type of setup has been referred to frequently in the past be me and others. You can probably search on pertinent terms to find those threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Kijonka View Post
    It looks great! My idea was that the musicians will have mobile phones that still carry with them and simply install some aplication and connect (in five minutes maximum).
    If this is something you want then SAC is not the right product for you. There are plenty of hardware alternatives that offer this, there will also probably be software alternatives. I would agree this is the way things seem to have gone but it's unlikely SAC will ever get this ability.

The way I dealt with this was to a have a laptop on stage running SAC remote. I gave this remote monitor only control and let musicians use it to balance their monitor mix (IEMs). That worked well. A BCR2000 along with the laptop, labelled up, meant it was one press to select your monitor mix then you've got turny knobs to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    If this is something you want then SAC is not the right product for you. There are plenty of hardware alternatives that offer this, there will also probably be software alternatives. I would agree this is the way things seem to have gone but it's unlikely SAC will ever get this ability.

The way I dealt with this was to a have a laptop on stage running SAC remote. I gave this remote monitor only control and let musicians use it to balance their monitor mix (IEMs). That worked well. A BCR2000 along with the laptop, labelled up, meant it was one press to select your monitor mix then you've got turny knobs to adjust.
    Didn't SAC's original vision have each musician controlling his own mixer/mix with a discrete laptop? Would there be no way for Bob to do the same thing with SAC remote on discrete tablets? Seems like it would be a current-day update to the original vision.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Didn't SAC's original vision have each musician controlling his own mixer/mix with a discrete laptop? Would there be no way for Bob to do the same thing with SAC remote on discrete tablets? Seems like it would be a current-day update to the original vision.
    Remote does work on tablets. Only windows though. I don't see why it wouldn't work alright on a windows phone too.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com