Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wow VBulletin upgrade to 4.2.3

Carl,
    My big wish is that the forum site was mobile aware... so page width changed to accommodate zoom in scaling on mobile phone display.Other than that I like the posting options in the new upgrade.
    ...Did you happen to notice the drop-down box in the lower-left corner. It says, "--vB4 Default Style". You can change that to "Default Mobile Style".

See if that helps at all?

The old index page displayed what is now found under the 'Forum' tab. If you want that you can change your shortcut to http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/forum.php

Where the heck am I? Somebody pinch me! Hello...hello...hello...hello...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    My only question at this point is, how do you tell what threads contain new posts you haven't yet seen at a glance, when looking at the list of threads? Used to be able to tell by the color/shade of the Title text. I'm not seeing that distinction here.

Nice overall look though.
    Check out the "What's New" top top left of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Check out the "What's New" top top left of the forum.
    What's New doesn't contain anything that replaces what used to be easy navigation for me. I'm sure there's tons of great things to read about in "New Posts", for instance, but I don't necessarily want to be distracted from the subjects of SAW and SAC to read what somebody has said in their latest blog entry, etc., etc.

The other links I have clicked on in that section do nothing to enhance my reading of the SAW/SAC forum either - at least so far as I've been able to determine.

Not knocking the website, just my observations and how it's affecting navigation around the site for the reasons I visit it multiple times a day, on a nearly daily basis - since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    What's New doesn't contain anything that replaces what used to be easy navigation for me. I'm sure there's tons of great things to read about in "New Posts", for instance, but I don't necessarily want to be distracted from the subjects of SAW and SAC to read what somebody has said in their latest blog entry, etc., etc.

The other links I have clicked on in that section do nothing to enhance my reading of the SAW/SAC forum either - at least so far as I've been able to determine.

Not knocking the website, just my observations and how it's affecting navigation around the site for the reasons I visit it multiple times a day, on a nearly daily basis - since its inception.
    I'm pretty sure the change has more to do with maintaining a current version of the vBulletin software and little to do with added functionality. Code bases need to be maintained, and an unfortunate side effect in many cases is underlying changes to things like UI design. Give it some time to be tweaked and pared down, as I'm pretty sure over the next few weeks much of the excess stuff will disappear. Unless Bob is considering adding blog posts/articles about travel and cooking and the state of seafood in Japan.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Carl,
    ...Did you happen to notice the drop-down box in the lower-left corner. It says, "--vB4 Default Style". You can change that to "Default Mobile Style".

See if that helps at all?
    That is Wonderful!!

A terrific improvement!
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

I guess it's my aging eyes but I think the old forum was super easy to read, follow and was just over all easier on the eyes.
    I know things change but all the added stuff just gets in the way.
    The thing about a forum is someone makes a post and someone else answers it and adds his/her input.
    Basic communication skills are all that is needed.
    This design bothers my eyes like Pro Tools...

Blog Entries

This version of VBulletin has a Style Generator which makes it very easy to changes the colors. I am sure Bob is on it and will also add in a Logo which is easy to do. This version of VB blows away the older version so be patient it will all turn out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    I guess it's my aging eyes but I think the old forum was super easy to read, follow and was just over all easier on the eyes.
    I'm having a hard time also.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com