Close

Default SAW kept crashing in the same place - solution

FYI, this is a new issue.
    I'm working on a big project at home that's due tomorrow.
    SAW suddenly started crashing in the same exact place on the timeline and popped up a system error about memory, etc.--over my head.
    Suspecting corruption somewhere in that area, I deleted a small section of Track 1, then Alt-left clicked and dragged the track edge from the beginning of the deletion across the missing space to fill it in--voila!
    So far so good, and I wanted to share the experience in case it happens or has happened to anyone else.
    Because of the deadline, I cant check back today but thanks to all for the great help here!

Default Re: SAW kept crashing in the same place - solution

I actually ran into the same problem at another place on the timeline from copying a region--and the same solution by deleting the new region and Alt-left click and drag over to fill the space.

I remember something about deleting an .ini file or something to refresh the config and avoid corruption?

Thanks,

Jon

Without knowing more details about what might have changed with your system (why is it crashing all of a sudden), its hard to chase down.

Any new installs... new plugins... new changes to Windows itself... etc.

Can you duplicate the problem by doing a certain series of events.

Bob L

Just now had a chance to get back on this.
    I'm OK with the solution of splitting the track around the small problem area, deleting it and stretching the track back over it to close the gap.
    I don't know what caused it initially but this was a first.
    The second problem above happened when I copied a small region to an adjacent track which again caused the same type of crash, and again deleting the small problem area and stretching over to close the gap fixed it.
    Thanks,
    Jon

And I forgot to mention that there were no OS changes or new plugs.
    I noticed the display seemed to freeze some tracks and needed refreshing more often, hitting the same F-key.
    It's a 2-hour show with LOTS of automation entries--I've spent days recreating the entire audience laughter and applause throughout.
    Maybe the project file is too large or too much content? Just a thought...