Close

Default SAC doesn't see MIDI controllers

I upgraded to Windows 10 and, among other issues, SAC now won't see my Behringer BCF2000 or my Mackie MCUPro. They both show up in device manager and I loaded each MIDI template in SAC, but no choices display under MIDI Device Setup. Any ideas?

Default Re: SAC doesn't see MIDI controllers

I somehow got it working. I may have turned off some service (probably "connected devices platform service") that allowed SAC to see MIDI devices. They all showed up in Device Manager, but not in SAC.

"I upgraded to Windows 10 and, among other issues, SAC now won't see my Behringer BCF2000 or my Mackie MCUPro. They both show up in device manager and I loaded each MIDI template in SAC, but no choices display under MIDI Device Setup. Any ideas?"

I'm having the same problem on Win 10 LTSC with BCF2000. SAC can't see it. It knows the RME Multiface is there but can't show the BCF2000.
    The fix dbarrow thought he had doesn't work for me as it's already running.
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Sounds like there may be a problem with the usb devices being recognized correctly... are you sure you did not stop an important usb PlugnPlay service.

Also... make sure you do not have more than one SAC running on the taskbar... only one will have access to the devices.

Bob L

In the limited testing I have done, it appears that windows 10 is more strict about isolating user processes.

So if your running under a non-admin account and then forcing SAW/SAC to run as admin there may be an issue with cross user access.

I found that if I launched SAC as admin I also had to launch SAW as admin for them to connect.

So its possible that may also carry over to the USB processes as well.

The best solution I was able to come up with was actually to run in a non-admin account and use Process Lasso to elevate SAC to real-time priority (which it won't do otherwise unless running as admin - even if set to do so in the SAC drop menu)

This had the added benefit of preventing SAC/SAW from launching more than once. Double clicking on the taskbar Icon would launch the first time and then simply transfer you to the already running instance if it has previously been launch.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Why not just set the user to administrator status. Then keep everything up as high as possible... because Win 10 limits priorities to non admin programs.

Bob L

Whew - thanks for all your input fellas. I re- imaged back to a week ago, before I messed with sys stuff, and now the BCF2000 is recognised.
    So - thankfully it's not a Win 10 or SAC problem.
    Thanks again.
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia