Close

Default timeclock display software ?

I need to be able to display timecode on a large display so that multiple producers can read it during a classical session. I don't have time to get a hardware reader, so I'm hoping for another solution. Maybe a software reader that I can put on another laptop and send TC via SS.

So far, the only software that looks promising is this http://timecodesoftware.com/tcode Has anyone tried it or does anyone have a better solution?

It seems that there was once a "big clock" plug-in for SS, or maybe that was SawPro... In any case, I've never attached a second monitor to my laptop, or if it supports a separate display (opposed to a duplicate display) so I don't know how practical that would be.

Thanks!
    Scott

Blog Entries

Default Re: timeclock display software ?

Scott,
    It seems that there was once a "big clock" plug-in for SS, or maybe that was SawPro... In any case, I've never attached a second monitor to my laptop, or if it supports a separate display (opposed to a duplicate display) so I don't know how practical that would be.
    ...Yes, it is called "FX_BigTime32", but it does not work with SAWStudio - at least I am unable to.

Anyhow, check this out: BigClock - and it is free...

I seem to recall an FX linker that would allow us to use older SAW plugs in SAWStudio. Or am I delirious? Either way, I can't seem to find it in my archives.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Hello,

FX_BigTime32.dll works if added to the VST_PlugIns folder.

Note: For some reason, I thought that FX_BigTime32.dll would be native plugin.

I believe you can do this with Reaper if SawStudio is not able to.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM