Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Win 10 remote can't save to XP host

Hi all I need some networking help
    Upgraded??? my Toshiba remote from 7 to 10 to fix a latency problem with a Behringer FCA1616
    Now I can not save a mix from the remote
    Folders are shared and I can write files from the remote to the host but NOT in SAC
    I can even copy mix files from the remote mix folder and paste them on the host mix folder
    But I get the trouble creating files when doing it in the SAC remote

HELP

Butch

2. Default Re: Win 10 remote can't save to XP host

Does the SAC remote have permissions set on the main SAC host within SAC?

Default Re: Win 10 remote can't save to XP host

Yes all else works great just can not save or update mix file from the remote
    As usual M soft screws up networking on each version of windows
    I think I have all passwords and security turned off
    No firewall on either computer but win 10 will turn it back on from time to time

Butch

4. Default Re: Win 10 remote can't save to XP host

Sorry, you claim microsoft screws up networking, but you've stated that all networking works fine except in SAC. Me thinks that the blame here isn't with microsoft...

Every version of windows has different network stuff to setup and turn off and do not play well with other versions
    Win 10 seems more like an Ipad Iphone in that it will try latch on to any network it can

Butch

Yeah, sorry. No sympathy here. It's not a Microsoft issue. Blaming them on anyone's part will never fix the real issue.

Having spent MANY hours banging my head into a tech table trying to write scenes via remote with SAC it's always completely hit or miss when it chooses to work. You'll have better success if there is a router handling "Names" in your network than if you're just using a simple unmanaged switch.

Even then I spent all sorts of time playing with the Names file on my machines only to have it work correctly on occasion.

The saving the mix file wasn't as problematic as writing a scene across the network, but it seemed to stem from the same issues.
    Last edited by RBIngraham; 04-04-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

7. Default Re: Win 10 remote can't save to XP host

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Bos View Post
    Every version of windows has different network stuff to setup and turn off and do not play well with other versions
    Win 10 seems more like an Ipad Iphone in that it will try latch on to any network it can

Butch
    Those stupid, stinky idevices will only "latch on" to networks you've previously granted them access to.

I have noticed on troublesome systems that unsharing the host drive and then re-sharing it can sometimes instantly fix problem network shares. You may want to try it... it has solved many issues like this for me in the past.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Butch,

Are you using a "local account"? Have a peep at this...

Note: In this way you can ensure that the user names are the exact same on both systems. This has been an issue ever since WIN8.

I think it's actually an issue with a Win XP machine connecting to any machine running an OS newer than XP. Having said that I think I even ran into issues when it was XP to XP. But it was certainly harder to remedy when it was XP connecting to Win 7 or later.

Again when it was Win 7 to Win 7 it was less issues but never smooth sailing.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/