Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OT: Melodyne 4 Studio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by andysharifi View Post
    Yes, I***8217;m doing that right now. I just renamed one Vst to melodyne2.dll in the vst folder
    Are you saying you are successfully running both versions in SAW? And how about both freestanding modes (outside of SAW), out of curiosity?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

2. Default Re: OT: Melodyne 4 Studio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Great news. Thanks for the report.

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "...then it just plays the whole mix within Melodyne..."? Are you talking about trying to hear an individual blob when you click on it/move it (as in freestanding mode)? And are you saying that instead of hearing the individual blob, you hear all SAW tracks at once (like, MT playback starts)? That would be very strange!
    That’s correct. I meant to say u can’t hear a blob at all in live mode or any other mode. And yes, when tape style monitoring is on, when you click live, it plays just the melodyne track all the way through.

3. Default Re: OT: Melodyne 4 Studio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Are you saying you are successfully running both versions in SAW? And how about both freestanding modes (outside of SAW), out of curiosity?
    Yes on both counts. However, in Saw I use SRP to transfer to meloydne 4 and then stop the transfer within melodyne before stopping SRP. This is the only way I can get it to work, and same for melodyne 2.1. If this is still considered successfully, then yes. Just can’t click and hear blobs in live mode.

Yes on both counts. However, in Saw I use SRP to transfer to meloydne 4 and then stop the transfer within melodyne before stopping SRP. This is the only way I can get it to work, and same for melodyne 2.1. If this is still considered successfully, then yes. Just can’t click and hear blobs in live mode.
    So it's working but not correctly.
    Shouldn't have to jump through those kind of loops to get it to work in SAW.
    I don't understand why the old version works find but the new version does not.
    They keep changing these plugins and mess things up. I won't be upgrading if that's the way it works. I only use it to tweak vocals a little bit here and there - my version does that so no need to change.
    It's a shame because I wouldn't mind have new features but not at the cost of screwing up everything else.

5. Default Re: OT: Melodyne 4 Studio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    They keep changing these plugins and mess things up. I won't be upgrading if that's the way it works. I only use it to tweak vocals a little bit here and there - my version does that so no need to change.
    It's a shame because I wouldn't mind have new features but not at the cost of screwing up everything else.

Melodyne 2.1 works the same way for me. If I don't use SRP, it wont work. Does it work correctly for you without using SRP?

That***8217;s correct. I meant to say u can***8217;t hear a blob at all in live mode or any other mode. And yes, when tape style monitoring is on, when you click live, it plays just the melodyne track all the way through.

Well, at the very least it sounds like the usability we used to have for the plug-in in SAW is back. Better than a sharp stick in the eye.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Yes on both counts. However, in Saw I use SRP to transfer to meloydne 4 and then stop the transfer within melodyne before stopping SRP. This is the only way I can get it to work, and same for melodyne 2.1. If this is still considered successfully, then yes. Just can***8217;t click and hear blobs in live mode.
    Yeah, I just meant are both installations working (to the degree that they are working) alongside each other in (and out of) SAW.

Interesting that you're using SRP for the capture. I just use regular ol' playback for ver. 2.1.2. Does that not work for you?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    Tim, you don't hear the blobs when you click or move them in SAW, do you? I don't think that's ever worked in SAW. My understanding is that the new version works as well as 2.1.2 did in SAW. Though I need clarification on the SRP question. I don't need to use SRP to capture in Melodyne in 2.1.2. The only caveat is to wait for the Melodyne post-capture processing to complete before stopping SAW playback following capture.
    Becket, Massachusetts

9. Default Re: OT: Melodyne 4 Studio Upgrade

When I use the play button to transfer, once the transfer is done, the melodyne post processing doesn't occur in either version. But thats ok for me. I just record enable the track and click on SRP to transfer to melodyne and it works fine with post processing. This is how version 4.1 is now working for me.

Yeah you still can't hear each blob when you click on them, but that's alright. That never worked.

When I use the play button to transfer, once the transfer is done, the melodyne post processing doesn't occur in either version. But thats ok for me. I just record enable the track and click on SRP to transfer to melodyne and it works fine with post processing. This is how version 4.1 is now working for me.

Yeah you still can't hear each blob when you click on them, but that's alright. That never worked.
    Hmph. That's wild. I wonder why we're getting different results with regular play. Oh, well.

I'm just remembering that I was getting crashes, lately, after a session was open for a while. Are your Melodyne/SAW sessions pretty stable for longish periods of time?
    Becket, Massachusetts