Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SAC Installation sheet

Hi all,
    Is there any place in the SAC website a sheet or document that shows the equipment, layout, cables, computers, etc, needed to leverage SAC in a church like environment?

Let's say something like 16 channels needed, plus the normal personal monitoring.

thanks,

Juan C

2. Default Re: SAC Installation sheet

There's not really one, and this should be your first warning sign. If all you need is a small 16 or 32 channel system, there are so many "turn key" solutions available that I think you would find yourself questioning the stewardship of the church's funds in trying to build a DIY system.

Default Re: SAC Installation sheet

I have helped a few churches in my area and all are working very well
    You need a RME raydat type card for your computer and a couple Behringer 8200 pre amps (or better)
    Don't let some people scare you off
    You can PM me if you need help

Butch

What Butch said!

Our church's system has used RME HDSP and Focusrite Octopre Dynamic Pre/Converters.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Blog Entries

Hello,

What Butch said, and what Angie said...and indeed I say, what Bob, and may others have said - "RME all the way!" The 8000's are great, and from what I have hear the 8200's are even better.

And ever since I replaced the Firewire card with the RME HDSP card - along with the Focusrite Pro40 - things have never been this good!

Simply cannot go wrong at all here.

What all of them said too!

Just FYI, a 'member' (listed at each post) is one who has not even bought the software, therefore lacks the benefit of knowledge you may be seeking.
    Last edited by Carl G.; 04-23-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

thanks all for your comments.

I have used SAWstudio for many years and I love the possibilities that SAC brings as I have been a sound engineer for many years but I have not been following the latest technology lately.

Buch, if you don't mind I will contact you for specifics so I can put a budget for a small church in Bogota, Colombia (South America) that is thriving helping kids in the streets. Those kids are very savvy - ready to learn anything thrown to them. I event dream of providing an institute to teach them sound reinforcement, audio and video recording having SAC as the center piece.

Juan C

What were the problems found with the Saffire PRO 40?

It seems like a cheap option for 16 channels when pairing to a AD8200.

The RME HDSP seems very expensive....

Juan C

Is the old RME DIGI 9636/52 9636 9652 with expansion board still any good with windows 7/10 computers?

I saw one for US$100 in Ebay today

Juan C

Blog Entries

jvergara65,

What were the problems found with the Saffire PRO 40?
    ...The lack of stability with FireWire. When I finally dispensed with that, and went to the HDSP 9652 - everything worked wonderfully!

The RME HDSP seems very expensive....
    ...not compared with the "piece of mind" that RME elicits.

Regarding your other question,
    Is the old RME DIGI 9636/52 9636 9652 with expansion board still any good with windows 7/10 computers?
    ...I have tested the RME drivers for the HDSP 9652 under Windows 7 and all works as it should - that is, great. Here is the current OS listing from RME "Windows XP, XP64, Vista, Vista 64, Windows 7/8/10 32/64 bit. Supports ALL HDSP and HDSPe cards/systems!" I have not personally tested these drivers under WIN10 - but I cannot see why these should not work. Others on the forum have, I am sure of that.

PS: Are you simply looking for a list of "what is needed" for your particular situation?