Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Automation with UAD plugs

Michael... when overdubbing... just bypass the plugin causing the problem... or select a few basic tracks for timing... once the overdub is done you can use all of your effects.

Latency causing plugs are a complex issue no matter how you look at it... but certainly not a show stopping major issue.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    AFAIK, there is no calculation for offsetting automation if the latency occurs pre fader & no calculation for latency in the placement of overdubbed audio.
    It's been a while, but I think I determined that if I add up the reported latencies of all pre-fader plug-ins for a given track, and then offset any affected automation by that total value (moving said automation later in the track), it all works out. Or am I misunderstanding you?

And you're saying that that doesn't work for offsetting overdub audio after tracking?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I mean the software doesn't do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    It's been a while, but I think I determined that if I add up the reported latencies of all pre-fader plug-ins for a given track, and then offset any affected automation by that total value (moving said automation later in the track), it all works out. Or am I misunderstanding you?

And you're saying that that doesn't work for offsetting overdub audio after tracking?
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I mean the software doesn't do it for you.
    Ah. Gotcha.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I will have to check, but I believe the latency remains though the effect is bypassed.

Perhaps not show stopping, but unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Michael... when overdubbing... just bypass the plugin causing the problem... or select a few basic tracks for timing... once the overdub is done you can use all of your effects.

Latency causing plugs are a complex issue no matter how you look at it... but certainly not a show stopping major issue.

Bob L
    Michael McInnis Productions