Close

Default First gig with new system

I've built and sold several of these systems but finally got to use one on a local gig. Dropped one buffer the first set and only one more the rest of the night. Ran at 2X64
    on a Lenovo 2.8 G CPU / 8 G ram / SSD / custom front panel with a Profire 2626 and one ADA8000. Sounded clean and solid. Separate sub out. Three monitor outs. Had never used it with the band before and had no sound check. Within 3 minutes we started and only had to do minor tweaks. I had preset a template using levels etc. from an their old Mackie board. The comps and reverbs sounded so much better. Been using Bob's software for 20+ years and have never been let down.
    S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    The Julie Tussey Band
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries

Default Re: First gig with new system

Steve,

May I ask what you are using for the I/O for the laptop?

Sweet axe!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

4. Default Re: First gig with new system

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Steve,

May I ask what you are using for the I/O for the laptop?
    First post says he's using a Profire 2626.

A picture of the front panel. I custom made a panel with all of the Profires i/o on the front. 8 XLR inputs / 6 outputs XLR & 1/4 inch / there are additional outputs on the side which are 9/10/11/12 from the ADA8000 / the white box in the first picture is a TrippLite power conditioner. I have finished a second system which is 24 channel and has all i/o on the front and the laptop slides out from the back.
    S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-Video Electronics
    The Julie Tussey Band
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Hello,

I meant "on" the laptop itself, FireWire or ??, what model of laptop, Ricoh or TI chipset, etc.

PS: Steve, I see that you are using one of the SAC Wave Players...Great!!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 05-21-2016 at 08:03 AM.

The W500's that I use have Ricoh chipsets. One has 1680x1050 resolution while the other 2 I have are 1920x1200 even though they have the same ATI
    V5700 video systems. I haven't had any problems running 2x64 but that is the lower limit. I run mostly Bob's effects although I have a system that runs
    some VSTi keyboards and effects. The link works fine and I have recorded the Renfro Valley fifties show (24track) one system. Recently picked up a W500
    for $34 without hard drive, ram, and battery. After throwing in an Intel 240 SSD and 8G DDR3L ram it is in test mode and working fine. I have used various
    Lenovo's over the past few years and this model is the most stable.
    S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Richmond, KY