Close

Default OT: DMXIS / Chauvet D-Fi project

I've been working on streamlining the lighting setup for my band. We have been in using Entec's DMXIS software/hardware, which is a really nice small system package, but I was frustrated with the hardware box (which is in an odd shaped case and has no mounting options).

Part of the solution was to consolidate all our lighting to a single wireless protocol and I decided to go with Chauvet's D-FI setup.

I sold off all my non Chauvet lighting upgraded our 4-bar tri's to 4-Bar Tri USB's that have the wireless option, picked up 8 Freedom Par Quads that are battery powered and have the wireless built-in and finished off with a couple of their T18 USB wash lights that also have the wireless module option.

Chauvet also makes an inexpensive rack mountable wireless DMX box (the D-Fi Stream 6).

I took the PC board for the DMXIS and mounted it inside the Chauvet D-Fi box giving me a nice rack mountable wireless DMXIS solution.

The DMXIS is mounted to the back of the Stream 6 box and I added a switch to internally connect the DMXIS to the Stream 6, but also allowing me to completely disconnect the DMXIS from the Stream 6 if needed.

Name:  DMXIS-DFi1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  40.3 KB
    Name:  DMXIS-DFi2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  83.2 KB
    Name:  DMXIS-DFi3.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  96.4 KB
    Name:  DMXIS-DFi4.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  53.0 KB
    Last edited by cgrafx; 05-28-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Default Re: OT: DMXIS / Chauvet D-Fi project

Philip,

Nice work...