Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Big Favor

Default OT: Big Favor

I have a friend who's having a very tough time getting audio she owns from the last engineer she worked with. We asked for rendered tracks or stems or something in a WAV or AIFF format that I could just lay into SAW, but all he's sent is the Logic files. Is anyone within the sound of my voice interested and capable of taking these Logic files and rendering out some tracks for me? I reckon you would need Logic. Or maybe a Logic-to-SAW conversion program. Looks like about 22 tracks over about a 40 seconds total length.

No money available. Just wondering if anyone might have some free CPU cycles available for a SAW guy and his friend who are down on their luck.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 06-15-2016 at 06:13 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: OT: Big Favor

If the session has not been edited... if it is a straight live multitrack recording with no cuts or overdubs (within tracks), you should just be able to drop the actual wav files directly onto the multitrack... label and start working.... only if there are edits and puch-ins would you need to extract from Logic or use a conversion program like AA Translator.

Bob L

Yeah, Aa Translator would be my choice. I don't have it, but maybe someone else here who does could convert it for you. What a pain for your client. Not a very professional engineer.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If the session has not been edited... if it is a straight live multitrack recording with no cuts or overdubs (within tracks), you should just be able to drop the actual wav files directly onto the multitrack... label and start working.... only if there are edits and puch-ins would you need to extract from Logic or use a conversion program like AA Translator.

Bob L
    Yes... it's not a tracking session. It's fully edited. It's actually a completed mix (albeit one that needs improvement in my estimation).

Name:  Elena in Logic.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  78.8 KB
    Becket, Massachusetts

Hey Dave,

sent you PM. I have full version of AA translator.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Why don't they just have the dude export them as audio, here is a tutorial on how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stashu View Post
    Dave,
    I've got the basic version of AATranslator, and it looks like they can transfer Logic if you have the main EDL or whatever they call it in Logic.
    If it's an OMF, you'll need the full version to translate it.
    If it's Logic Pro, I think it's similar. There are different ways to make the transfer. They may not get everything, but close enough for you to fill in the blanks.
    I appreciate it, Stash. Let's see how Phil makes out. I'll report back.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Why don't they just have the dude export them as audio, here is a tutorial on how to do it.

As I mentioned, we did ask him to do that, but he didn't, sending us the Logic project, instead. Thanks.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Ok. Got the files, but discovered AA translator doesn't convert native Logic files. Would have to have project saved as .omf

However, all the raw audio tracks are in the "Audio Files" folder. They are .aif files that load up in SAW studio just fine.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Sorry, just saw this thread. I'm a Logic user. Get the session to me and I'll export the consolidated audio files for you.