Close

Default Moving Output Track in the Mixer Window

I noticed in SAC that if you go to your Outputs and hit shift and left mouse button that you may move the output wherever. I attempted this in SAW with no results. Is there a way to do this in SAW, I've been reading, watching videos, searching for hours? Thanks

Default Re: Moving Output Track in the Mixer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy McLoughlin View Post
    I noticed in SAC that if you go to your Outputs and hit shift and left mouse button that you may move the output wherever. I attempted this in SAW with no results. Is there a way to do this in SAW, I've been reading, watching videos, searching for hours? Thanks
    Yes, but the method is not as intuitive, you move the channels in the multitrack and they move in the mixer layout.

click on any channel number in the multi-track it will turn black (you can select multiple channels) then shift click on the channel you'd like to relocate the channels blackened channels to.

For example if you click on output channels 1 and 2 and shift click on input channel 8, output channels 1 and 2 will move to just after Input channel 8.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Smile Re: Moving Output Track in the Mixer Window

In SAWStudio, on the MultiTrack, you just have to click on Shift and while remaining clicked on it, left click on the track's number you'd like to move.
    You can now release the Shift key, move your track and place it wherever you want.
    Release the left mouse button: work is done!

SAWStudio came first... and the focus was on the Multitrack... arranging track order is done in the Multitrack... the mixer will follow.

When SAC came along... everything was focused on the mixer windows... with no multitrack, the chan order was handled in the mixer views.

Bob L

Blog Entries

At 4:40 in this video I show how to move a Track/Mixer channel.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Yes, but the method is not as intuitive, you move the channels in the multitrack and they move in the mixer layout.

click on any channel number in the multi-track it will turn black (you can select multiple channels) then shift click on the channel you'd like to relocate the channels blackened channels to.

For example if you click on output channels 1 and 2 and shift click on input channel 8, output channels 1 and 2 will move to just after Input channel 8.
    You can shift+drag 'n' drop tracks/channels individually, too, via the MT by clicking on the track number.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

One thing I like to use is moving the output channel up above channel one. That way I can watch to make sure that my overall signal isn't clipping as I make each channel the best level I can... Of course save this way to mix as a default for the next new mix.... Thanks Bob!

Been using SAW since before the SAWPro days, and I never knew you could do this!

This is LIFE CHANGING news!!

(That's what I get for not reading the ENTIRE manual...)

Whenever I'm working with video I like to pull the video track to the top of the multi track.
    A very handy feature!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio