Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question Re: How to install WAVES plug-ins

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I'm using Blue Cat's Patchwork for my Waves plugs. It works beautifully; for soft synths too. I also use it for the Lexicon PCM bundle and there is no longer any issues with the crashes upon opening sessions.
    Will it work with SAC too? What about latency?

Default Re: How to install WAVES plug-ins

It does work in SAC. This is no different from Pro Tools with latency compensation off. The demo is easily downloaded from the Blue Cat site. Make sure you select the Win VST version.

Red face Re: How to install WAVES plug-ins

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    It does work in SAC. This is no different from Pro Tools with latency compensation off. The demo is easily downloaded from the Blue Cat site. Make sure you select the Win VST version.
    Thanks

Question Re: How to install WAVES plug-ins

I got the wave plug ins to work with SAW and tried loading them on my SAC Test machine without anything like BlueCat installed. This is an old slow machine and the plug in I tried was X-FDBK for feedback. It doesn't seem to run at full speed and seems slow on my SAC test machine. Also the level meters did not work in the plug-in. It ran correctly on my SAW machine. It also makes the SAC machine glitch and slip buffers. I have the licenses on a USB stick too so I can use the same license on what ever machine I'm working on. Has anybody used X-FDBK with SAC and what was your experience? Any problems like this?

Look at the popup menu in the SAW VST plugin window for the plugin and see if it is adding latency... that would not work in SAC.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Look at the popup menu in the SAW VST plugin window for the plugin and see if it is adding latency... that would not work in SAC.

Bob L
    I will take a look. Thanks,

I looked at the pop up window in the VST menu and the menu item that shows latency is grayed out. Does that mean no latency?