Close

Default Master Output Fader Jumps to Lower Value when Channel Selected

I have encountered a strange SAC behavior recently. When I click on the Main Output 01 channel/fader with a mouse, it jumps to some drastically lower value. To me and the audience it effectively sounds like I shut the system off. Does anyone have ideas about what causes this and how to stop it? I think it started when I started using an Insignia table/netbook computer and a mouse. I never saw this behavior before that. I have "Disable Snap to Default Value" checked, but I couldn't find anything in the manual about what the "Default Value" is, or how to change it. Checking this "Disable" feature doesn't seem to effect the behavior in question.

Default Re: Master Output Fader Jumps to Lower Value when Channel Selected

Are you using any midi controller fader devices?

Try checking the Mixer menu / Touch Screen mode option and see if that helps.

If it was working before and started having the issue once you introduced the new tablet... does the problem go away if you disconnect the tablet remote?

Bob L

I think it is only with the tablet remote. I don't use touch screen mode or even touch the screen. This is all with the keyboard and mouse. It happens when I select the Master Output with the mouse. It doesn't do it every time. When I try to get it to happen on purpose, it won't do it and responds as I would expect it to respond. What is the "Default Value" referred to in the "Disable Default Value" option under "Mix"? How would you set the default value? I realize this may have nothing to do with the original problem, but I wondered about that when I couldn't find an explanation in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    I think it is only with the tablet remote. I don't use touch screen mode or even touch the screen. This is all with the keyboard and mouse. It happens when I select the Master Output with the mouse. It doesn't do it every time. When I try to get it to happen on purpose, it won't do it and responds as I would expect it to respond. What is the "Default Value" referred to in the "Disable Default Value" option under "Mix"? How would you set the default value? I realize this may have nothing to do with the original problem, but I wondered about that when I couldn't find an explanation in the manual.
    Are you using a wireless mouse or keyboard?

If so, its possible your experiencing wireless interference problems.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

The jump to default value is when you grab a fader and then tap the right-mouse button and the fader jumps to zero (default value)... or grab a pan and right-tap and the pan jumps to center.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Are you using a wireless mouse or keyboard?

If so, its possible your experiencing wireless interference problems.
    Yes, it is a bluetooth mouse. I may try a wired mouse, since I don't really need the wireless feature.