Close

Default Mono Track Recorded to Stereo.

I was doing a live mix/recording with SAC/SAW yesterday and somehow I ended up with one the mono tracks recorded to stereo. I may have had two channels latched in SAC, but I disabled the latch, maybe before I actually started the recording. The correct input is just recorded to both sides, but I am not sure what caused that. Is there an easy way to convert that track to a mono WAV file, other than loading it into an external editor and converting it?

Default Re: Mono Track Recorded to Stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    I was doing a live mix/recording with SAC/SAW yesterday and somehow I ended up with one the mono tracks recorded to stereo. I may have had two channels latched in SAC, but I disabled the latch, maybe before I actually started the recording. The correct input is just recorded to both sides, but I am not sure what caused that. Is there an easy way to convert that track to a mono WAV file, other than loading it into an external editor and converting it?
    BuildMix to a mono file.

If you're at all worried about any difference (phase?) between the two channels of the stereo file, then select either R or L mono options at the stop of the channel strip for the track you've placed the stereo file/region on.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 07-18-2016 at 09:21 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts