Close

Default Behringer X-Touch Compact?

Is the Behringer X-Touch Compact functionally equivalent to the BCF-2000? Can you load up the same drivers and device template, or is it uniquely different? Has anyone used one? One of my BCF's is starting to have issues and I am considering this as a replacement. This would be a replacement for my live control surface. I don't need the jog wheel and other features on the full-size model.

Default Re: Behringer X-Touch Compact?

I believe you want to use it as a Mackie configuration... I am supposed to receive one in the next few weeks and I am looking into a custom template for it.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I believe you want to use it as a Mackie configuration
    I am using the full size X-touch and love it. Especially the scribble strips that work good in SAC. I use the MidiCtrl_Mackie_MCUPro_8Ch.mct MIDI template for now. I very interested in a custom one.

BOB, here are a few wish list items:

1. Scribble strip to match the color of the channel (if channel color has been changed)
    2. X-Touch meter to match SAC channel meter.
    3. A switch that would allow for the X-Touch meter to show Comp gain reduction.
    4. up/down arrows on X-Touch mapped to up/down on keyboard to get fine control on active channel fader.

WOWOWOWOW. I enjoyed mixing my first show with an X-touch. I found it to be very responsive and stable. The jog shuttle was a GREAT way to move around the console. I would highly recommend the full size with the scribble strips. They change from the name of the fader to the parameters of the function you are adjusting. I only hope they make a fader wing that is exactly like the full size without the master section. I am really looking forward to so how amazing function it can be after Bob makes some custom functionality for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Kroh View Post
    I am using the full size X-touch and love it. Especially the scribble strips that work good in SAC. I use the MidiCtrl_Mackie_MCUPro_8Ch.mct MIDI template for now. I very interested in a custom one.

BOB, here are a few wish list items:

1. Scribble strip to match the color of the channel (if channel color has been changed)
    2. X-Touch meter to match SAC channel meter.
    3. A switch that would allow for the X-Touch meter to show Comp gain reduction.
    4. up/down arrows on X-Touch mapped to up/down on keyboard to get fine control on active channel fader.
    I am getting an X-Touch to use with Behringer stuff, but I mainly mix on SAC. These improvements would be most welcome. I wonder if the channel color is even part of the MCU spec, though. The X-touch can log in via WiFi. Perhaps some sort of integration could made between that and SAC.

I bought an X-Touch. I really like it. My slight complaint is that it is a bit wider and doesn't fit on my current mobile FOH cart with the notebook computer. I may have to come up with a new cart configuration.

3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)