Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Script Special Settings for SAC-SAW Start

One of my son (a computer programmer who worked for Continuum.IO) just wrote me a nice custom script to start SAC/SAWStudio with custom Windows 10 settings optimum for SAW/SAC and which then, upon exit, returns my system to other settings optimum for other (video) production software I often use.
    Now it's nice to have a 'multi-purpose' machine instantly - automatically, at peak performance for SAW/SAC, also for VideoProduction, as well as everyday use. If anyone is interested in the script, let me know. I'll happily pass it (or the idea along).
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Script Special Settings for SAC-SAW Start

That sounds great, Carl. I've been wondering if the same thing could be achieved with different Windows Logins.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Carl - that would be REALLY helpful - thanks.

Cheers mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

I would like to be able to do that also. Please post or send.

I'd like it also, please.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    That sounds great, Carl. I've been wondering if the same thing could be achieved with different Windows Logins.
    Not exactly. Because Power management is system wide, I believe.

In our senario, we are making the system power management plan we want for SawStudio, and the one we want for the rest of the machine to operate under. Rather than changing profiles (accounts) we are automatically switching power management Plans just for when SS starts up... and then it automatically switches back upon exit. Plus a few other things
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post

In our senario, we are making the system power management plan we want for SawStudio, and the one we want for the rest of the machine to operate under. Rather than changing profiles (accounts) we are automatically switching power management Plans just for when SS starts up... and then it automatically switches back upon exit. Plus a few other things
    Just a followup to all... we have been occupied with family vacation activities - and will post something soon.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

This is a very good idea! Looking forward to this....

Sounds like a perfect fit for SS users! I'm looking forward to it.
    Thanks to you and your talented family!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post

Ah, I wasn't sure about Power Management. I have a separate power plan for Audio, but not having to choose it manually would be nice. I was thinking that other things like background programs and settings Bob recommends, but might be less than ideal for office-type functions, could be toggled through Logins. But I haven't tried it yet. Still haven't recorded any jobs on the laptop, but at some point the 5-year-old studio tower will get flaky.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com