Close

Default OT ? Recording directly to .mp3

It's a long story, so I'll stick to the facts.

I have a need to record directly to .mp3. I will need to be able to change file names or at least create new files very quickly. I can easily do this in Saw (that does not record directly to .mp3), but the client has to have .mp3 and there is no time to convert the files. Really, I know how to do that. I know it is very quick, there's not time. So, please don't suggest that I do that.

Basically, these are auditions. Each audition has several selections, each selection must be a different file. These auditions be done very quickly and smoothly.

Suggestions?

Default Re: OT ? Recording directly to .mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

I have a need to record directly to .mp3. I will need to be able to change file names or at least create new files very quickly. I can easily do this in Saw (that does not record directly to .mp3), but the client has to have .mp3 and there is no time to convert the files. Really, I know how to do that. I know it is very quick, there's not time. So, please don't suggest that I do that.

Basically, these are auditions. Each audition has several selections, each selection must be a different file. These auditions be done very quickly and smoothly.

Suggestions?
    Live mix to a hardware recorder like a zoom that will record in MP3 format.

something like this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._recorder.html

or

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...d_digital.html
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

Suggestions?
    There are a number of mobile apps with this capability (I'm familiar with many on Android).

For a PC on Windows... I haven't tried this one but a Google search revealed: http://www.pistonsoft.com/mp3-audio-recorder.html

If you have Sound Forge, it'll save as the last chosen format. I don't know if this helps, it seems similar to recording in SAW and using Marshal's LACE program. Just throwing it out there.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

You can try Wavosaur, a free (donationware) audio editor: I think it is a powerful software that deserves to be better known.
    You record in wav and export as mp3 with lame codec: quick and easy.
    You can download it at: http://www.wavosaur.com/

PS: as it is said on their website, "The Wasosaur team is composed of developers from France, Groenland and Feroe Island."
    "Wavosaur has no fancy installer, it comes as a simple executable stored in a .zip archive.
    To install Wavosaur you just have to uncompress the .zip archive and drop the Wavosaur executable anywhere you want.
    It's recommended to create a "Wavosaur" folder and copy the executable in this folder.
    ... Wavosaur does not write any informations in the registry (for version >= 1.0.0.3963)
    Wavosaur come as a simple and light file (<1 Mo) and is quickly configurable so you can set it and use it very fast, and take it with you on a USB flash drive for example."
    Last edited by Philippe M; 09-16-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Reaper can record to mp3