Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Android/iOS APP? Ever?

Hi all and Bob!

It's been a while since I posted here. Got to ask Bob this:

- Is it likely that there ever will be an App to control SAC from a pad or a phone for monitor use primarely (but I would not mind a full remote at all...) ?

I am sadly drifting towards X32 and similar; it takes a huge load off my back to be able to use pad or phone for remote, and the whole industry seems to have caught up on this as well.

I love SAC as a concept, but....

Best Regards,
    Jan

Default Re: Android/iOS APP? Ever?

Short answer is No.

Longer answer, there are already a ton of inexpensive windows tablets available ($200 or less) that work just fine as a remote.

I bought a Lenovo IdeaTab Miix 2 10.1" Laptop/Tablet 1.33G 2GB for $186. Used this just last weekend. With proper fkeys setup its really simple to bounce around the mixer both for FOH and monitor mixes.

---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Use any of the newer Windows tablets and you can use the full Remote program rather than a limited app on an IPad.

With the new SAC 4.0 and higher there is a Touch View that works and looks similar to your X32 app... but a lot more robust and versatile as well as realtime metering.

Bob L

4. Default Re: Android/iOS APP? Ever?

Thank you for all Your answers, but my point is that artists/musicians already got iPhones or Androids wich they can use. I can not bring 10 tablets to a gig... (of course I could, but that gets quickly out of control...)

So, as I understand it, the answer is no. Pity.

Blog Entries

Hello,

May I ask just how the use of a WIN10 tablet - or any tablet for that matter, "gets quickly out of control"?

6. Default Re: Android/iOS APP? Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

May I ask just how the use of a WIN10 tablet - or any tablet for that matter, "gets quickly out of control"?
    The talent already has their own phones and tablets. 99% of the time it'll be an apple or android device, not a windows device. The other console makers have apps for these devices because that's the majority install base.

Things get out of control when you know everyone has a device capable of doing the job, but you have to bring a different device because there's no option to use the most popular devices out there.

I guess we're still in denial that these new fangled phones and tablets are just a fad...
    Last edited by PhaseShifter; 10-06-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jansjobe View Post
    Thank you for all Your answers, but my point is that artists/musicians already got iPhones or Androids wich they can use. I can not bring 10 tablets to a gig... (of course I could, but that gets quickly out of control...)

So, as I understand it, the answer is no. Pity.
    1. If you are setting up for a single band that is using the system on a consistent basis, you shouldn't have a need to change mixes. Once they are set, for the most part they should stay the same. everybody doesn't need to have separate/individual control. Put one or two remote mixers on stage in strategic locations.

2. If you are setting up as a sound company working with multiple bands than your should have a dedicated monitor guy. Having 10 people on stage all separately controlling their mixes is a recipe for disaster.

3. Trying to adjust mixes on a phone is pretty much worthless and expecting musicians actively playing to grab their phone to change a setting is also really unrealistic. It sounds great, but in reality its a lot more difficult than than it might otherwise appear.

You really don't need to have everybody adjusting their own mixes and a phone is too small to be an effective interface. Get a two or three dedicated windows tablets. Pre-configure them and they can be placed in easy to access locations on stage. Or train, one or two people to assist with on-stage mixes.
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    3. Trying to adjust mixes on a phone is pretty much worthless...
    I've been mixing my band on my Android phone (Mixing Station app for X32 system) all summer. It's not ideal, but it's certainly worked fine for me.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

sorry to butt in (and I won't stay) - just an observation....

I thought everybody was always going on and on about how much they wanted/needed knobs and faders and all that hardware stuff. androids and iphones don't have knobs and faders last I noticed. Doesn't anybody care about that anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I've been mixing my band on my Android phone (Mixing Station app for X32 system) all summer. It's not ideal, but it's certainly worked fine for me.
    your one person. Add 8 more without any sound experience all doing there own thing in the middle of typing to play and see where that gets you.
    Philip G.