Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Levelizer-Split Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    There currently is no limit on the number of regions in SAWStudio... only your ram limitations.

Bob L
    Cool...I didn't know that.

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Question Re: Levelizer-Split Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    ... the beauty of that is in the ease of access in the Library views... an incredible way to do sound design.

Bob L
    Hi Bob.

Learning new stuff about SAWStudio every day, thanks to this forum. Thank you!

Um... Did you mean to say "...ease of access in the Regions views..." here, or am I not quite understanding the concept you're presenting?

Just wondering,
    Dave.

I was referring to the Library Views. Very powerful way to utilize these types of SFX libraries I was talking about creating.

If you haven't fooled around with the Library Views yet... you should take a test drive... you may find it to be a pretty fun ride... especially if you have some sound effects work to do.

Bob L

Ok. I'm a little confused then. You were talking about creating 'one large wav file' with the sfx in it and creating regions for each of the sounds. Since the large file(s) is what would show up in the Library views, I thought the Regions view would exploit the potential. Sorry.

Dave.

You may want to read the helpfile about how to use the Library Views.

Library Views not only allow you to list and manipulate wav files, but also SAWStudio session Edls.

They act similar to the Regions View in that they can display all the individual Regions in an EDL that you open as a Library.

You can link across network drives to stored SFX data and import directly from the stored SFX wav files into the current session. The use of Library files for sound design video or movie work is an incredibly fast and efficient way to utilize thousands of sound samples in any session.

The Library views not only allow you to instantly audition and see any SFX region from any stored Library edl, but then you can drag and drop the link into the session or actually copy and import the wav data itself into the session breaking the dependence on the original Library file from that point on.

Fun stuff.

Bob L