Close

Thread: Melodyne 4?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Melodyne 4?

Mr. Bob,

Is there any word on using Melodyne - 4 as a plugin? It would be so great to have FULL functionality with this product. It is just so cumbersome to have to go to it and edit then bring it back in to SS. Anyone else need this functionality?

Please let Bob know because his plate is sop full, we don't even know....

Thanks Bob!

Default Re: Melodyne 4?

I'm still with Melodyne V2...as I've heard there is a quality difference with the algorithms on this newest version and the older ones. Any thoughts on that?

However...in alongside the original question...I'd love to see full functionality with the Melodyne products. One of the truly usefull plugins I own.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

WOW, Man you needs to look at this.... http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/new-in-melodyne-4 Note the topic on ARA down the page. It refers to interfacing with Saw and its already working in most of the other DAW's out there.

Lot's of Bells and Whistle's to be sure. I was speaking of this post and a number of others like it from users more experienced than I...

I also spent some time listening to comparative samples of V2 and V4 on another website and you could hear that there was a difference in the quality of audio being produced by V4. Whether the difference is better or worse is subjective.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...pointment.html
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Just got an email from them. Here is the content -

A free update to Melodyne studio 4.1, containing important improvements, is now available for you to download:· The simultaneous editing of multiple tracks is now also possible with ARA
    · The interaction between Melodyne and ARA-compatible DAWs during comping has been significantly improved

· The sound quality of soprano voices as well as high-pitched monophonic instruments has been enhanced by a new playback type

· In the Note Editor and Note Assignment Mode, the “Separate Notes as Trill” command familiar from Melodyne studio 3 is now available

· Additional keyboard shortcuts and alternative contrast settings for the user interface make Melodyne still more user-friendly

· Minor bug fixes and various other optimizations increase the power and stability of the program

I definitely could use full functionality in SAW if it's possible. I use Melodyne fairly frequently, and always export the audio to edit, then pull it back into the SAWStudio timeline. It certainly would be nice to stay in the SAW environment. I'd have timing and pitch reference in that case.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.