Close

Default SAWStudio EDL Investigator - crashes on open...?

I have a corrupt EDL I was trying to rescue using the EDL Investigator. I installed it quickly but it just crashes on open. Tried "repair" and uninstalled/re installed it a few times with no luck. also tried compatibility settings with no luck.

Anything I'm missing?

re: corrupt EDL

will crash when I try and play it. Individual regions are playable in SoundFileView. Tried disabling some tracks but not sure this is a good way to proceed, is a disabled track truly out of the playback equation?

Suspect Vienna Ensemble Pro but once again can't unload the VST without crashing SAW.
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

Default Re: SAWStudio EDL Investigator - crashes on open...?

Most likely a plugin is having difficulty... go thru the tracks with patched plugins and bypass them all... if it plays fine... then start putting each one back in the loop one at a time till you find the culprit.

Bob L

Yeah, you nailed it. It was indeed Vienna Ensemble Pro. Just had to open it, reconfigure the settings, now no problem.

-e
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arco View Post
    I have a corrupt EDL I was trying to rescue using the EDL Investigator. I installed it quickly but it just crashes on open. Tried "repair" and uninstalled/re installed it a few times with no luck. also tried compatibility settings with no luck.

Anything I'm missing?
    I've been unable to open EDL Investigator for a number of years. I'm guessing Rail no longer supports it, but I could be wrong. You could send him an email. His old website is still there: http://www.railjonrogut.com/ and his newer site looks current: https://www.platinumsamples.com/index.php

Both sites have contact email addresses listed.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts