Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VST problems!

Default VST problems!

Any ideas why these VST:s don,t work with SAW?
    Voxengo SPAN, BlueCat freqanalyst, Brainworx BX-meter, VUMTdeluxe (meter).
    All plugins is as dll-files together with my other VST:s, everything else is working fine.
    Last edited by Göran Nordberg; 12-06-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Default Re: VST problems!

Just recognize there was 2 files of the VUMTdeluxe and the other file suddenly working, installed it today, maybe it has something to do with 32-bit / 64-bit versions.
    My system is 64-bit.
    Anyway the VUMTdeluxe is OK! now.

Blog Entries

Göran,

My system is 64-bit....
    ...regardless, SAWStudio is a 32-bit application and therefore, will only work with 32-bit dll's..unless you use jBridge - which I am not sure works in ALL situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Göran,

...regardless, SAWStudio is a 32-bit application and therefore, will only work with 32-bit dll's..unless you use jBridge - which I am not sure works in ALL situations.

Yes, of course, now when You say it, I remember there was something about VST bridge . Had totally forgot that SAW is 32-bit.
    Thank You so much, I will try the bridge then.

Default SOLVED Re: VST problems!

Instead of Jbridge I downloaded the 32-bit versions of VST applications, everythink OK, now.

Glad you got it working, Goran. In the future, bear in mind that sometimes particular VST's prefer to be installed at the installer's default location. Then you can create an INI file that points to that location and place it in SAW's VST folder. You can find instructions in SAW's help file or PDF manual. There are also software solutions for automating the process if you have a lot of VST's for which you'd like to do this.

You're fine if everything is working, but if you ever come up against a VST that you can't get to work, this is something you can try.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOLVED Re: VST problems!

Göran,
    Instead of Jbridge I downloaded the 32-bit versions of VST applications, everything OK, now.
    ...this, at least in my book, is the best approach.

If you really want to take this one step further, create sub-folders with the VST_PlugIns folder for each type of plug-in that you are using.

For example, in my setup, I use four plug-ins, namely, 1) an ampsim, 2) reverbs, 3) choruses and, 4) a wave player. So, I create four folders called AmpSim, Reverb, Chorus and WavePlayer, install/move all plug-ins to their respective folders. Finally create .ini files for each plug-in. This permits four things, 1) SAC launches quicker, 2) it keep the VST_PlugIns folder more organized, 3) it allows you to keep the plug-in naming scheme shorter and simpler and, 4) it makes it simpler when debugging plug-ins.

Here are two examples:

Attachment 2510

If you want to take this process even ONE STEP FURTHER...install all of the plug-ins on a test system, determine all of the dependencies - if any, and then copy these pre-installed plug-ins to your production system.

A bit more work..."You betcha!"...but much better in the end. At least in my opinion.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-06-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Default Re: SOLVED Re: VST problems!

So, I create four folders called AmpSim, Reverb, Chorus and WavePlayer, install/move all plug-ins to their respective folders.
    To be clear, Dell, you actually mean FX "GROUPS" when you say "folders," here, right? This is FX GROUPS inside SAW, not Windows directories inside SAW's VST directory, right?

Also -- what do you mean by "dependencies"?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

Nope! I mean actual folders within the VST_PlugIns folder. For example:

Attachment 2513

The four folders along with five .ini files produces the results on the right.

Note: I would use Groups if I had a number of different plug-ins available ...but I really do not use all that many plug-ins...so the above method works best for me.

I hope that this makes sense?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-06-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Dave,

Nope! I mean actual folders within the VST_PlugIns folder. For example:

Attachment 2513

The four folders along with five .ini files produces the results on the right.

Note: I would use Groups if I had a number of different plug-ins available ...but I really do not use all that many plug-ins...so the above method works best for me.

I hope that this makes sense?
    I see. And this loads faster and has other advantages? I wonder why.
    Becket, Massachusetts