Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: BCF2000 in Mackie Control Mode on SAC 4+

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    Hi,

I've done some tests with the MCU_PRO_8 templates and the x-touch was working without problems, except that there is no level display (in both versions, so I use the _no_Meters version now).

I've used the x-touch for some shows right now and never faced a problem (the x-touch is connected via network to the on - stage master pc), but I did not do much switching (just used mute/pan/faders nearly all the time).

Tomy
    How does the X-Touch connect "through the network"? I have been using a BCF2000 for years and I am considering getting an X-Touch for better control options.

Hi,

the x-touch (only the 'big-one') supports midi over network. So there is a midi-rtp software running on the host which makes the host available via midi over Ethernet.
    The x-touch uses the rtp mode and is connected to the network also used for my kvm - device and for the remote(s).
    If you just want to replace a BCF, you can use Midi (either 'nativ' or via USB) also.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by jardatop View Post
    Thank you all for your answers. There aren't good news for me.

Bob, do you know if the new Behringer X-Touch controller has the new MC protocol in its MC emulation?
    I have an X-touch that works very well in 4.3. I keep meaning to loan it to Bob to check it out but have been so busy. doing a huge 4th of July lighting show in NY. We also use the X-touch with our lighting controller. After that show I will have time to get it to Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    Hi,

the x-touch (only the 'big-one') supports midi over network. So there is a midi-rtp software running on the host which makes the host available via midi over Ethernet.
    The x-touch uses the rtp mode and is connected to the network also used for my kvm - device and for the remote(s).
    If you just want to replace a BCF, you can use Midi (either 'nativ' or via USB) also.

Tomy
    Can you tell me more about how your KVM works? Is that done over WiFi or a CAT5 cable?

David

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    Can you tell me more about how your KVM works? Is that done over WiFi or a CAT5 cable?

David
    Well,
    it works using LAN. I think technical it's a USB over Ethernet system with a USB Display converter. I like it very much, becaus I can operate this on a normal network, that can carry the rpm-midi data, the remote-data for one SAC remote and sometimes even Art-Net.
    It uses the pc's network card and some software on the host, and a small hardware device on the client side.
    See http://www.win-star.com/eshop/goods.php?id=146 for details

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)