Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shared or Dedicated Graphics

Thanks everyone! Got it as suggested went to System properties/Advance/Performance Options/Visual Effects. Checked "Show windows contents while dragging"

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    I'm guessing they didn't miss anything. It was likely turned off specifically because it reduces CPU/GPU load.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

This is "supposed" to be a system dedicated to digital audio.

According to the specs, this is the model CS450 at $2599 US!

Also, even with a stock WIN10 install, you do not get this type of error.
    I'm just saying is it sounds like a similar thing I've seen while dragging windows that's not an error, but is the result of an OS setting. But it does sound more like a graphics glitch than that "see contents while dragging" thing, since we're talking about a plugin interface, and not an Explorer window, for example. The SAW line occasionally has such graphics issues with Windows. That's my bet.

But I think if it's something that can be solved with an OS tweak, that would be preferable to buying a video card (more $, heat and, potentially, fan noise).

>>Also, even with a stock WIN10 install, you do not get this type of error.<<

Alas, that does not appear to be the case.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,
    Alas, that does not appear to be the case.
    ....interestingly, Dave...I did not have any such issues during my two-week testing of WIN10 Pro - using Bob's tweaks, and with the "Show windows contents while dragging" either enabled or disabled.

This is not a graphics card issue, its a preference setting to show dragged outline. I'm not sure exactly where to change it, but its would be doing the same thing even with a dedicated graphics card.

Edit: google is your friend: drag outline windows 7

That's what I was thinking, Phil, but does that setting apply to plugin interfaces? I believe Bob used to recommend (if he doesn't still) unchecking the "view contents while dragging" option in his Windows tweaks document.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,
    ....interestingly, Dave...I did not have any such issues during my two-week testing of WIN10 Pro - using Bob's tweaks, and with the "Show windows contents while dragging" either enabled or disabled.
    Yes -- this, too, is my experience. At least in the distant past (pre-Windows 7); I don't think I've disabled the "view contents while dragging" feature since, so can't say for sure. But, while it impacts contents of windows, I don't believe it impacts the contents of plugin interfaces. As I mention elsewhere -- I think Bob's tweaks has us turning this feature off, so...
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    That's what I was thinking, Phil, but does that setting apply to plugin interfaces? I believe Bob used to recommend (if he doesn't still) unchecking the "view contents while dragging" option in his Windows tweaks document.
    Its a system wide setting that applies to everything/all windows (There is no differentiation for plug-ins).

With the "show content" option turned off, anything that is in a draggable window will display only the window outline while being dragged (until it is released by the mouse).
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Its a system wide setting that applies to everything/all windows (There is no differentiation for plug-ins).

With the "show content" option turned off, anything that is in a draggable window will display only the window outline while being dragged (until it is released by the mouse).
    True enough. I just tried it. Who knew? I don't remember ever seeing that happen with plugins.
    Becket, Massachusetts