Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Izotope Neutron compatibility

Hello to all,

Haven't been on here in a long time. I just wanted to see if maybe I could gather some support in dealing with the folks at Izotope regarding their current lack of willingness to address the compatibility issues between their new product, Neutron and SAWStudio. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for a number of years and really like their products. I have been using the Ozone mastering suite for a long time and love it. As soon as Neutron, a multi-featured track plugin, was released last Fall, I jumped on it. I must say, I have been impressed, overall, with it's features and performance, as I have with all of their previous efforts. There is one major sticking point, however. One of the major features of the plugin, called "Track Assistant", which is supposed to analyze the audio in a track while it plays for 4-10 seconds and then come up with intelligent starting point settings for EQ, compression etc. does not work within SAWStudio as a host. I can get it to work in Soundforge and Wavelab just fine. I have contacted them about this and they just say that my host is not supported. Well, DUH, I figured that out myself. They told me there were no plans to support it either. Now, I know that we SAW users are a minority and that, apparently, we are also not taken seriously by a lot of folks. I, of course, take exception to this as a SAW user of 21 years now. I know I am using a product that is superior to most in every way. The fact that you can't get it at Guitar Center or from Sweetwater makes it less than legitimate to companies like Izotope, I suppose. There aren't enough of us SAW users for them to care, I guess. That's why I am asking for your support in this. My request is that, if you are an Izotope customer yourself and maybe even, like me, have been trying to use Neutron within SAW and wanting to get everything you PAID FOR, you might drop them a note to ask them to please address this issue. Maybe, if they hear from enough of us, they will reconsider. If you haven't tried Neutron, go to their site and download the demo. You'll soon see that this feature will not function in your DAW at all. So, what do you say, can I get some SAW-PORT here? Thanks!

Bob, do you have any idea what the problem is here?

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...html#&panel2-1
    Last edited by demodoc; 02-01-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Default Re: Izotope Neutron compatibility

I have no idea why that feature would not work... if the plugin works fine when processing the data, there should be no difference in its ability to simply read and analyze the data stream as well... not sure why there would be any need for any special host support.

Bob L

Well, there is definitely a compatibility issue with SAW on this feature. Izotope admits it and they have told me they don't have any plans to fix it either. If you are curious, download the demo and play with it.

I know this would be a pain..but why not use Soundforge or Wavelab to analyze the track...make the recommendations and then perform the necessary corrections within SAWstudio?

I realize that you'd have to then render the altered / Eq'd/ Compressed track back into Soundforge to see if the tweaks worked.

SAW is a great tool but I've adopted Reaper in my workflow to deal with some of the things that cause issue's in SAW. Who says you have to use only one DAW in your session?
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Jeff,

I have thought of that. It may happen from time to time but, let's face it, it is a PAIN. At this point, I'd rather apply a little pressure on Izotope to address the issue and see if I can get some satisfaction. Thanks for the reply!

Here is their most recent reply, followed by mine.

Hello,
    >
    > My apologies for any frustration you've experienced here.
    >
    > At this time we are only able to officially support the hosts listed on our
    specifications page at the link below.
    >
    > https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix/neutron/specs.html
    >
    > That said, I am happy to pass on your feedback to development for
    consideration in future updates to Neutron.
    >
    > Thanks for reaching out and for your support!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get it but I do not find this acceptable since I paid for ALL the features and am not getting the main one I wanted. I have posted on the SAW users forum to
    enlist some support from other users of this software. You may very well be
    hearing from them as well. It just can't be that hard to make this work. I have
    NEVER encountered any plugin that would not function completely within this host
    until now. I encourage you to communicate to the developers that we SAW users
    want a bug fix to deal with this issue.

PC
    Last edited by demodoc; 02-02-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Just a thought here....how did you install this plug-in? Did you let it install the default way it wanted to and than make an .ini file to direct SawStudio to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Just a thought here....how did you install this plug-in? Did you let it install the default way it wanted to and than make an .ini file to direct SawStudio to it?
    No, just the normal way, then I copied the Neutron .dll files into SAW's VST plugins folder.

As I said, all functions work fine except this one and Izotope admits the incompatibility.

I second where Micro is going with the question...try re-installing the Neutron plugin to whatever default location it wants to put it ...then put an ini. file in the SAW VST folders that points to the Neutron default location. If that doesn't work...then most likely there is a compatibility issue that can't be fixed short of coding...
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    I second where Micro is going with the question...try re-installing the Neutron plugin to whatever default location it wants to put it ...then put an ini. file in the SAW VST folders that points to the Neutron default location. If that doesn't work...then most likely there is a compatibility issue that can't be fixed short of coding...

How is this done?

You would think that either the whole plugin would or would not work and not just one feature. There must be some difference in the way SAW addresses this plugin from other hosts.
    Last edited by demodoc; 02-02-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    How is this done?
    Download the Sawstudio .pdf manual.

Goto to page 192 and read how to install VST's as there are a number of ways.

1. Is to just the the program install the default way and then make an .ini file to direct SawStudio to the .dll
    2 Is to tell the VST to install into the VST-plugins folder in the SawStudio folder.
    3. Is to let the VST install and then just copy and paste the .dll into the vst-plugins fold in the SawStudio folder

Some plugins have other .dll's or files they need to work so in some cases you have to try the different install methods.