Close

1. Default Something cool I figured out with jbridge and 64 bit plugins...

I have the 32bit version of SS, and I also use Mixbus32c 64bit. I like them both. Mixbus32c is a system hog, while SS isn't.
    I have some 64bit plugins that are not 32bit, (Acustica Audio - Aqua), so I Jbridge'd them to 32bit for use in SS. When I load them in SS, it takes quite a CPU hit and just not usable when you want to use a handful of them.
    Then I experimented with the Jbridge settings and turned on performance mode. I'm not sure what this does, maybe Jbrdige uses your whole systems resources outside of SS, but it cuts down the load in SS by ALOT. I can load so many CPU intensive plugins and they barely take a hit. The only thing I found is that if you load too much, it starts to slow down MT tasks such as copying/pasting regions. But everything is still super fast. To give you an example, one instance of Honey3 loaded in a track takes up to 20% of the resources. When i turn on performance mode, it goes down to 1-2%, kind of like the plugin isn't even on, but the plug works! Loading Honey3 in around 20-25 tracks only shows a 20-25% load on the MT. The only thing I notice that making changes in the MT has a slight lag as I load more plugins.

This is very interesting as it takes SS to a new level of usability for me. Prior to turning on performance mode in Jbridge, a handful of Aqua plugins would make the system have a panic attack. Now its like it barely hits the system. The only issue is some lag in the MT as I mentioned before, which is fine for me. This is really only a nuisance when composing, as I might take just a little bit longer to compose, but if you are just mixing, you won't notice any lag. With my system, I can probably load up to 50-60 aqua plugins this way during a mix (not that I would), and mind you, these are very CPU intensive plugins.

However, when I tried this in Mixbus32c, it didn not have the same affect. Having performance mode on or off had no effect in Mixbus. But in SS, it's a game changer, for me at least.
    My system is an i5-9500k, 48gigs ram, 1TB M2 SSD.

Was wondering if someone else can try it and see if it does the same for them.

Is this where SS being coded in assembly bypassing windows has another advantage? I'm just really interested in finding out why this is occurring with only SS and not Mixbus32c. Because of this, I removed all my 32bit plugins that have a 64bit option, and just converted the 64bit ones to 32 just so I can turn on performance mode for all of them.
    Last edited by andysharifi; 12-09-2022 at 01:31 PM.