Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Izotope Neutron compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    How is this done?

You would think that either the whole plugin would or would not work and not just one feature. There must be some difference in the way SAW addresses this plugin from other hosts.
    SawStudio does not install into windows like all the rest do which is one of it's great attributes which allows it is be a light fast stable DAW. Also SawStudio does not automatically look for VST's that are installed
    other than the one folder in the SawStudio fold called VST-Plugins. In most all cases it is the installation of the VST that was not done right that causes issues. Once installed right SawStudio will see it and it will work
    fine. This is why I thought to ask you how you installed the plugin. I am going to download the demo and see if I can get it to work, I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Download the Sawstudio .pdf manual.

Goto to page 192 and read how to install VST's as there are a number of ways.

1. Is to just the the program install the default way and then make an .ini file to direct SawStudio to the .dll
    2 Is to tell the VST to install into the VST-plugins folder in the SawStudio folder.
    3. Is to let the VST install and then just copy and paste the .dll into the vst-plugins fold in the SawStudio folder

Some plugins have other .dll's or files they need to work so in some cases you have to try the different install methods.
    Ok, thanks.

I did copy both Neutron .dll files into the SAW VST plugins folder. I do that with all VST plugins.

iZNeutron.dll
    and
    Neutron.dll

It seems both are needed for the plugin to work.

SawStudio does not install into windows like all the rest do which is one of it's great attributes which allows it is be a light fast stable DAW. Also SawStudio does not automatically look for VST's that are installed
    other than the one folder in the SawStudio fold called VST-Plugins. In most all cases it is the installation of the VST that was not done right that causes issues. Once installed right SawStudio will see it and it will work
    fine. This is why I thought to ask you how you installed the plugin. I am going to download the demo and see if I can get it to work, I will let you know.

That would be GREAT!! See if you can make this feature work!!

It's just the "Track Assistant" that hangs up. It looks like it's "listening" but it just hangs up and does nothing. Everything else is fine.

Blog Entries

Ok, thanks.

I did copy both Neutron .dll files into the SAW VST plugins folder. I do that with all VST plugins.

iZNeutron.dll
    and
    Neutron.dll

It seems both are needed for the plugin to work.

I downloaded the demo and when it asked if I want to install the 32bit and 64 bit .dll's to different folders I left the 64bit to install to the default and then had the 32bit install into the Sawstudio/vst-plugins folder. I am running Win7 64bit.

I opened up Sawstudio and added a vocal track and then selected Neutron and it opened up and works fine even Track Assistant . It install a lot of different files so do not click on IZNeutron they are not the VST but rather support files for the VST like I was talking about earlier. Know just make a group for this VST and only add the Neutron and the effects.....easy as that.

I downloaded the demo and when it asked if I want to install the 32bit and 64 bit .dll's to different folders I left the 64bit to install to the default and then had the 32bit install into the Sawstudio/vst-plugins folder. I am running Win7 64bit.

I opened up Sawstudio and added a vocal track and then selected Neutron and it opened up and works fine even Track Assistant . It install a lot of different files so do not click on IZNeutron they are not the VST but rather support files for the VST like I was talking about earlier. Know just make a group for this VST and only add the Neutron and the effects.....easy as that.
    I am using Win 7 64 bit on my main machine, 32 bit on the laptop. Track Assistant won't work in either for me.

I am not clear on exactly what you are asking me to do. Are you just saying uninstall then reinstall but tell the 32 bit version to go to SAW's VST folder?

"just make a group for this VST and only add the Neutron and the effects...."

What does this mean? Sorry for not completely understanding.

Blog Entries

I am using Win 7 64 bit on my main machine, 32 bit on the laptop. Track Assistant won't work in either for me.

I am not clear on exactly what you are asking me to do. Are you just saying uninstall then reinstall but tell the 32 bit version to go to SAW's VST folder?

"just make a group for this VST and only add the Neutron and the effects...."

What does this mean? Sorry for not completely understanding.
    On your Win7 64 bit pc install Neutron when it asks you if you want to install the 64bit and 32bit versions to different folders just change the 32bit location to the VST-Plugins folder in the SAWStudio folder then install. The plugin will now install to 2 different places and work fine.

Blog Entries

I have been testing it out and learning how it works and have learn the Track Assistant comes on but does not do anything, testing it in another daw it comes on and then goes off after 4-10 and makes it's changes. The Masking feature seems to work but it only has the name of one of the channels and one has a red fault icon. I am going to uninstall and try to install it another way.

Blog Entries

I reinstalled it and just let it install the way it wants to and then make an .ini file to the .dll

Everything works but for the Track Assistant it looks to in gauge but it never does anything and you have to click the X button to get out of Track Assistant.

Some plugins had trouble with the ONTOP option that SAW uses for the plugin windows and depending how they parented their dialogs could open dialogs in the back behind SAW and the other plugin windows leaving some open dialog waiting for a reply that it will never get because you cannot see the dialog... try turning OFF the VST ONTOP option in the SAW VST plugin window and see if that exposes something waiting for a reply on the Track Assistant option.

Bob L

I have been testing it out and learning how it works and have learn the Track Assistant comes on but does not do anything, testing it in another daw it comes on and then goes off after 4-10 and makes it's changes. The Masking feature seems to work but it only has the name of one of the channels and one has a red fault icon. I am going to uninstall and try to install it another way.

That is what happens to me. It LOOKS LIKE it will work, but it DOES NOT. IMHO, this is some kind of disagreement between the plugin and SAW that other DAWS do not have. There is something about this feature that is requiring something from the host that SAW is not giving it. Am I on the right track here, Bob?