Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Izotope Neutron compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    On your Win7 64 bit pc install Neutron when it asks you if you want to install the 64bit and 32bit versions to different folders just change the 32bit location to the VST-Plugins folder in the SAWStudio folder then install. The plugin will now install to 2 different places and work fine.

I will wait on this till I see if you can ever get it working on your machine. I'm rooting for you but I think I am right about the incompatibility issue. And, remember, Izotope admits that there is a compatibility issue!

Here is their OFFICIAL list of supported DAWS:

The latest versions of the following hosts have been officially qualified as of October 2016: Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12, Cubase Pro 8, REAPER 5, FL Studio 12, Studio One 3, Nuendo 7.

I can attest to the fact that it runs well in Soundforge 11.0 and Wavelab Elements 9 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Some plugins had trouble with the ONTOP option that SAW uses for the plugin windows and depending how they parented their dialogs could open dialogs in the back behind SAW and the other plugin windows leaving some open dialog waiting for a reply that it will never get because you cannot see the dialog... try turning OFF the VST ONTOP option in the SAW VST plugin window and see if that exposes something waiting for a reply on the Track Assistant option.

Bob L
    No difference. Once the Track Assistant ball starts spinning (and doing nothing), the only way to stop it is to close the plugin!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    No difference. Once the Track Assistant ball starts spinning (and doing nothing), the only way to stop it is to close the plugin!
    Yep this is the same thing that happens to me on my Win7 pc. I tried the plugin in Studio One 2 and it worked fine so there has to be something on SawStudio's end causes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Yep this is the same thing that happens to me on my Win7 pc. I tried the plugin in Studio One 2 and it worked fine so there has to be something on SawStudio's end causes this.

Glad to know it's not just me, anyway.

I sure would love to get this solved and to find out what is preventing it from working. What is different about SAWStudio in the way it addresses this plugin??

Bob, curious enough to play with the demo of Neutron and see what the hang up is?
    Last edited by demodoc; 02-03-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Bob any luck looking into this?

Blog Entries

Hello,

Well, I decided to download the plug-in, installed it as a trial, and have it working on my non-production system using WIN7 Pro and SAWStudio Lite V5.2.

I pointed the install first to: C:\RML\SAW\VST_PlugIns, then second to: C:\RML\SAW\VST_PlugIns\Item using an .ini file.

Note: Apparently, both the iZNeutron.dll and Neutron.dll need to be in the same folder location to function.

Attachment 2555

Update: I uninstalled the plug-in, and was still able to get it work, as it did not know to remove the previously copied .dll's. Interesting!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-08-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Well, I decided to download the plug-in, installed it as a trial, and have it working on my non-production system using WIN7 Pro and SAWStudio Lite V5.2.

I pointed the install first to: C:\RML\SAW\VST_PlugIns, then second to: C:\RML\SAW\VST_PlugIns\Item using an .ini file.

Note: Apparently, both the iZNeutron.dll and Neutron.dll need to be in the same folder location to function.

Attachment 2555

Update: I uninstalled the plug-in, and was still able to get it work, as it did not know to remove the previously copied .dll's. Interesting!
    The plugin does not totally work as far as our tests, do you have the "Track Assistant" working as we have been stating it is the very thing that does not work and is the very thing that makes this plugin unique?

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    ...do you have the "Track Assistant" working as we have been stating?
    ...Of course I did! Maybe give a list of the steps that you are taking so that I can replicate the problem here on my end.

Blog Entries

Did you make a folder called "RML" I have never had this folder? I have C:\Sawstudio\VST_Plugins.

Also what folder is your .ini pointing to?

Could you paste the exact .ini coding you used please?
    Last edited by Microstudio; 02-09-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    Did you make a folder called "RML" I have never had this folder? I have C:\Sawstudio\VST_Plugins.
    ...Yes. I have an RML folder which stores both SAC and SAW. So, C:\RML\SAC and, C\RML\SAW.
    Also what folder is your .ini pointing to?
    ...I always install the plug-ins in the VST_Plugins folder...if they do not go there, I will find another plug-in. So, in this present case, I created a folder called "Item", then copied the IZNeutron.dll and Neutron.dll files to that location - even after the initial install. I then created an .ini file to point to that folder. So, C:\RML\SAW\VST_Plugins\Item.
    Could you paste the exact .ini coding you used please?
    ...Here it is:
    ~
    C:\RML\SAW\VST_Plugins\Item\Neutron.dll
    [space]
    ~
    As noted, the IZNeutron.dll needs to be in that same folder as well.
    Note: Micro, in your case, it would be:
    ~
    C:\Sawstudio\VST_Plugins\Item\Neutron.dll
    [space]
    ~
    You can rename the "Item" folder to whatever you want and then update the text accordingly. Hope this helps?

PS: I would still like the procedure that you folks are using so that I could replicate the potential problem here on my end.

Also, and just for interest, I find that both SAC and SAW load quicker when there are no .dll files in the root of the VST_Plugins folder. Therefore, I create sub-folders to store the various plug-ins and name that folder according to the type of plug-in that will be installed there. So, in my case, I have:

Ampsim: For TH3, and for whatever other sim-type plug-in I want to use.
    Reverb: For LX480and for whatever other reverb plug-in I want to use.
    Chorus: For TinyChorus, and for whatever other chorus plug-in I want to use.
    WavePlayer: For my SACWaveFile Player.

You can create any other type of folders you desire. I then create .ini files to point to those respective folders. Keeps everything clean-and-neat.

I do hope that all of this makes sense.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-09-2017 at 10:52 AM.