Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Izotope Neutron compatibility

demodoc,

Here is what I have done....

Use Custom Install - so you can change the plug-in paths.

Attachment 2558

The default paths is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins...

Attachment 2559

...but, change the path to: C:\SAW\VST_PlugIns...

Attachment 2560

Note: If you want to speed-up the SAW load times, place the dll's in a folder, for example, Neutron. So, the path would then be: C:\SAW\VST_PlugIns\Neutron. This path is the one I will be using here. The main point to note here is, is that Neutron permits, or allows you to alter the location where the plug-ins are actually stored. Also, leave the default location for the 64-bit plug-ins as: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins.

Once the install is completed, then create the .ini file. The contents of this .ini file will be:

C:\SAW\VST_PlugIns\Neutron\Neutron.dll
    [blank line here]

Attachment 2561

Name, and then save the .ini file as: Neutron.ini

After launching SAW, you should now see the following:

Attachment 2562

That should do it.

I hope that this is of assistance to you?

If you are going to use the .ini file link method, there is no need to redirect the install into the SAWStudio VST_Plugins folder... let it go to its own default... the .ini will point to wherever it is.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    I believe there has to be a return at the end of the line not a space
    Correct. At the end of the path/DLL line, hit the ENTER key ("carriage return" as we used to say in the typewriter days), which moves the cursor to the next line down. I'm pretty sure this is what Dell meant.

Demodoc -- you're Mark from Lotus back in Tucson, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Correct. At the end of the path/DLL line, hit the ENTER key ("carriage return" as we used to say in the typewriter days), which moves the cursor to the next line down. I'm pretty sure this is what Dell meant.

Demodoc -- you're Mark from Lotus back in Tucson, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Afraid not. I am Peter from Tehachapi, CA!

My wife and I own this venue:

http://fiddlerscrossing.com/

All shows are recorded and mixed for broadcast using SAWstudio!

The shows run on this program:

http://folkscene.com/

I haven't had time to mess with the Neutron installation and the .ini file. Will when I get some time.

Getting ready for a concert tomorrow with this band!

http://www.westmyfriend.com/

Cool. Good luck!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If you are going to use the .ini file link method, there is no need to redirect the install into the SAWStudio VST_Plugins folder... let it go to its own default... the .ini will point to wherever it is.

Bob L
    OK, I finally figured out how to save the file I created as a .ini file (got rid of the .txt at the end). So now when I start SAW, I see Neutron in my vst plugins list but SAW says "trouble loading plugin" . Now what am I doing wrong? It sees that there is a plugin but won't run it.
    Last edited by demodoc; 02-24-2017 at 11:03 PM.

I'll just accept the fact that I won't have that one feature, at this point. Everything else works fine. I've tried the .ini file method and no luck at all. I'll just live with it.

8. Default Re: Izotope Neutron compatibility

Hey Guys. Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I just wanted to see if anybody ever got the track assistant to work in Neutron. I have Neutron 2 that I use with Harrison Mixbus32c because of the track assistant, but I can't seem to get it working in SS no matter what I do. I even tried using Patchworks, but that didn't work.

This isn't a show stopper, as I can apply Neutron track assistant abilities in another DAW before importing the files into SS, but it would be nice to be able to use track assistant in Saw.

9. Default Re: Izotope Neutron compatibility

Hey all,

I finally got Neutron 3 to work in SS. Track assistant works with all the plugins now, and I got Replay to work with the visual mixer.
    Can't get Neutron 4 to work as its VST3, and I'm using 32bit SS.

Steps:

1. Require: Don't use the 32bit version of Neutron. Instead convert the 64bit VST to 32bit using Jbridge, then .ini that within the VST folder.
    2. When opening the plugin, click on settings at the bottom.
    3. Check Performance mode, audioMasterGetTime hack, Run in existing auxhost, and Use legacy integrated mode (v1.2)
    4. Close the plugin and restart.
    5. Test Track Assistant
    6. Do this for all Neutron plugins, as well as the Replay and Visual Mixer.

Let me know your results.