Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: UAD-OCTO setup SAWSTUDIO

The problem I had concerned my USB3 port has an ASmedia chipset, which technically is on the list of problematic USB 3 chipsets.
    So 2 known pcie cards to work well with the uad are Inateck KT4005 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion Card and Rosewill RC-505 2-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion Card. There is a USB compatibility page---

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...-Compatibility

I purchased the Inateck KT4005, went thru the VST folder deleted all the UAD plugins I had not purchased, I am using the saw.ini, and it runs slicker than owl dung, and I like it like that.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The problem I had concerned my USB3 port has an ASmedia chipset, which technically is on the list of problematic USB 3 chipsets.
    So 2 known pcie cards to work well with the uad are Inateck KT4005 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion Card and Rosewill RC-505 2-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion Card. There is a USB compatibility page---

I purchased the Inateck KT4005, went thru the VST folder deleted all the UAD plugins I had not purchased, I am using the saw.ini, and it runs slicker than owl dung, and I like it like that.

Congrats on getting this working and thanks for following up with the solution.

---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Default Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

yep..thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post

Nice. Happy for you. Thanks for the info.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

From Ralph's link:

Incompatible Windows Systems

• Computers that do not have USB 3 natively built in to the motherboard are not compatible with UAD-2 Satellite USB.
    • Using USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 adapter cards) are not compatible when used with USB 2 motherboards.
    • Motherboards and PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards that use USB 3 controller chips from the following manufacturers are are not recommended for use with UAD-2 Satellite USB:

Texas Instruments
    Etron
    Fresco Logic
    ASMedia

Can anyone suggest a way to find out the USB3 controller manufacturer for my motherboard? FWIW, it's an Intel DH67CL. I checked the support pages for my board on the Intel site, but nothing so specific is cited.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    From Ralph's link:

Incompatible Windows Systems

• Computers that do not have USB 3 natively built in to the motherboard are not compatible with UAD-2 Satellite USB.
    • Using USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 adapter cards) are not compatible when used with USB 2 motherboards.
    • Motherboards and PCIe to USB 3 adapter cards that use USB 3 controller chips from the following manufacturers are are not recommended for use with UAD-2 Satellite USB:

Texas Instruments
    Etron
    Fresco Logic
    ASMedia

Can anyone suggest a way to find out the USB3 controller manufacturer for my motherboard? FWIW, it's an Intel DH67CL. I checked the support pages for my board on the Intel site, but nothing so specific is cited.
    Dave, from THIS PAGE it looks like the USB3 controller might be from THIS COMPANY (Renesas).

I wasn't able to verify that in the Intel specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Dave, from THIS PAGE it looks like the USB3 controller might be from THIS COMPANY (Renesas).

I wasn't able to verify that in the Intel specs.
    Nice detective work, Dave! Thanks!

Looks like all I had to do was look in Device Manager on my system:

Name:  USB 3 in Device Manager.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  27.9 KB

Duh.

The UAD page mentions controller "chips" to be avoided, while the Renesas site describes the form factor of their product like this: "48-pin QFN (7 x 7mm) Lead-free product"

Do you know if that means we're thinking that these guys are, indeed, the "chip" manufacturers and not, rather, that their controller uses a chip that someone else makes?
    Becket, Massachusetts