Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

Yes, Ralph. Just copy paste - you'll be fine! I use the FW800 quad Apollo works with SS. So 32b is working with this 64b interface.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    The information on the website is ambiguous, but on second review, it seems like the hardware requires a 64-bit OS, but the plug-ins can be 32-bit.
    Okay. That's what I was thinking.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

While it is true if there are still 32 bit Dlls, you can use them in SAW, I have found that the newer plugins have a larger memory footprint that becomes problematic. Using the jBridge wrapper allows the plugins access to a larger memory pool and I find overall more stability. JBridge does require some plugin by plugin tweaking, but is not that difficult to get working. The issues I was seeing using the 32 bit versions were missing graphics and explorer crashes. Of course, you may experience none of these issues. But, if you do, consider the 64 bit wrapper.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    While it is true if there are still 32 bit Dlls, you can use them in SAW, I have found that the newer plugins have a larger memory footprint that becomes problematic. Using the jBridge wrapper allows the plugins access to a larger memory pool and I find overall more stability. JBridge does require some plugin by plugin tweaking, but is not that difficult to get working. The issues I was seeing using the 32 bit versions were missing graphics and explorer crashes. Of course, you may experience none of these issues. But, if you do, consider the 64 bit wrapper.
    Good info. Thanks for sharing, Michael.
    Becket, Massachusetts

I wonder if I need a JBridge for the Melodyne 4 plug? I just can't get it to work. I am using the 32b version, but...

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    I wonder if I need a JBridge for the Melodyne 4 plug? I just can't get it to work. I am using the 32b version, but...
    You can't get it to work at all? Like, it won't even open up when you patch it to a track?
    Becket, Massachusetts

It opens and I can send it audio. But it sometimes won't even analyze the audio. Can't play it back. And the list goes on....

I just checked the 32bit version on my system. It works as well as ever.

One thing is that SAW is maybe the only DAW that stops all processing when the transport is stopped (except in Live Mode). Melodyne needs the engine to be running to complete it's analysis. So, you need the transport to continue rolling past the material you need to transfer.
    One way to do this is to put a blank region 30 seconds beyond the end of the transfer material. Just un-click Melodyne's transfer button after audio is finished, but let the transport roll until analysis is done.

I really wish Bob would put an option in the system menu to allow the engine to always be live. It would also solve the reverb tail at the beginning of the song issue, but that is another matter.

Cool Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

But but, can it be this simple???? I will try it tonight. THANKS!!!

Please let me know how it goes.