Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

You know I will, my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I just checked the 32bit version on my system. It works as well as ever.

I really wish Bob would put an option in the system menu to allow the engine to always be live. It would also solve the reverb tail at the beginning of the song issue, but that is another matter.
    have you tried the "Live Input Mode" under the mixer menu?
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I just checked the 32bit version on my system. It works as well as ever.

One thing is that SAW is maybe the only DAW that stops all processing when the transport is stopped (except in Live Mode). Melodyne needs the engine to be running to complete it's analysis. So, you need the transport to continue rolling past the material you need to transfer.
    One way to do this is to put a blank region 30 seconds beyond the end of the transfer material. Just un-click Melodyne's transfer button after audio is finished, but let the transport roll until analysis is done.

I really wish Bob would put an option in the system menu to allow the engine to always be live. It would also solve the reverb tail at the beginning of the song issue, but that is another matter.
    I too would like this to be an option in the preferences as well, if possible. I deal with the "reverb tail" frequently, and often send a client home with a reference track, forgetting to clear out the reverb cache. I'm not certain I'm using the correct terms, but it really would be nice to not have to worry about that happening... AND to have Melodyne be functional would be great.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Well not yet. I can now see it analyze the audio. But I can't play it back from the plug. I also see no transport bar in Melodyne. Can't even start it playing with a double click. It works fine in standalone though... I am using the ini file pointing to the VST2.dll. Can SS use VST3?

You might try using the "Disable OnTop" option in the SAW plugin window... use the popup menu options from the pyramid icon. Some of the Melodyne menu and dialog functions can get stuck under the SAW ontop windows.

Bob L

Yes, I have this checked Bob. Thank's......

When using as a plugin, you use SAW's transport controls and it rolls in sync with your session.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Yes, but if you want to hear the mods you make (in Melodyne). You can play from the plugin. Not just the audio from unmodified SS. But it won't work for me...

It plays the changed by Melodyne audio when you use SAW's transport. Try it. Select a number of blobs on the melodyne screen and move their pitch while playing back in SAW. This is how the plugin works. After transfer and analysis Melodyne's output replaces Saw's for that track. You can only hear SAW's output again by bypassing Melodyne.

That's why there are no transport controls in Melodyne when using it as a plugin.