Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

Little OT here. But I love the sound of the UAD plugins. Have used em since they 1st came out.....

well I have installed an octo and having the same problem. Are the new UAD plugins compatible with 32bit? I read where they were not compatible with Pro tools 10, because it said not compatible with 32 bit. I know nothing about pro tools, whether pro tools 10 is a 32bit daw only. So, now I am thinking about JBRIDGE and what that is. Is it freeware? I seem to have trouble finding things on this forum....ie; typing wrong terms in for searches. There has got to be some info on this forum somewhere on this issue, I am just not finding it. So if anybody sees this, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese help!!!!!! If you may know to the answer. I may have to send this back to and just say, screw it, but I kind of hate to do that. Its kind of like, what does the future hold for this not play friendly which each other software out of the box. Its been not your standard download and load the plug. This has turned in to a 2 week, 2 unit, ordeal just for a few good plugins....but pretty good ones. Maybe, I need to rethink this??? Surely there is a current purchase and user of a UAD USB Satellite out there somewhere. Again, any help appreciated. signed, Noise Maker or Bee Wildered

according to the UA website the UAD usb satellite system is 64bit only. requires win7, 8, or 10 - 64bit OS, and the plug-ins are all 64 bit only.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

thanks philip. I did not read that wrong then, they are 64 bit. So the solution is j bridge or similar tool?

Yes. I use j-bridge with the UAD plugs.
    Michael McInnis Productions

thank you. I will try that

Cool Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

When you install the UAD software for you hardware in windows 10. The VST (32bit) are at or in this path.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Powered Plugins\

No need for a
    j bridge or similar tool......

well I do see that there is a steinberg x86 folder. of course I see those uad plugins in the folder, so you are saying it is just a copy and paste then? because this is a 32bit folder after all. I will try, cause nothing else is working yet.

I'm not clear if the USB Satellite boxes will work with 32-bit VST plugins or not. The website doesn't seem to say. That being the case, I think the assumption is that, like all their other products, both 32- and 64-bit versions of the UAD plugs are supposed to work, albeit in this case only on a 64-bit OS. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: This is from the user manual: "Once installed and configured, UAD-2 Satellite USB is functionally similar to its UAD-2PCIe card counterparts." Sure sounds like the 32-bit VST versions oughta work.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I'm not clear if the USB Satellite boxes will work with 32-bit VST plugins or not. The website doesn't seem to say. That being the case, I think the assumption is that, like all their other products, both 32- and 64-bit versions of the UAD plugs are supposed to work, albeit in this case only on a 64-bit OS. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: This is from the user manual: "Once installed and configured, UAD-2 Satellite USB is functionally similar to its UAD-2PCIe card counterparts." Sure sounds like the 32-bit VST versions oughta work.
    The information on the website is ambiguous, but on second review, it seems like the hardware requires a 64-bit OS, but the plug-ins can be 32-bit.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.