Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: UAD-2 Quad Firewire setup SAWSTUDIO

Whoooo, This isn't how it is supposed to act in a DAW. I got this from watching training videos. SS works differently. Do you plug this in pre or post fader? Or doesn't matter? I know to use the 1st position. I need to work with this for a while....

THANKS A TON!

There are a few DAWs that have ARA and offer a higher degree of integration with Melodyne. SAW isn't one of them.
    Michael McInnis Productions

I usually use prefader.

I must be slow, I am just know seeing this.... Thanks for helping me see it... Very humbling.

Well, hopefully you can use it now.

Thanks man!

Is there any talk about ARA coming to SAW? Sounds like we have enough users to want it.

Using live mode - SRP seems to work! So I don't need to add anything to the audio length....

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    Well not yet. I can now see it analyze the audio. But I can't play it back from the plug. I also see no transport bar in Melodyne. Can't even start it playing with a double click. It works fine in standalone though... I am using the ini file pointing to the VST2.dll. Can SS use VST3?
    I don't believe the plug-in is intended to control audio playback in any way. Control playback in the SAW MT. When you cross into the Melodyne-captured area, audio streams from the plug-in, replacing MT audio seemlessly. It works so well you might not be sure it's working, but a quick pitch change of some blobs will show that it is. The cursor in the plug-in interface follows properly for me, though I'm using ver. 2. But check it for yourself. Sounds like it's working properly. I remember having the same expectation when I first tried to use it (expecting playback control from inside the plug-in, since that's how it works in the stand-alone version).

True, you don't get the kind of independent playback that we've come to depend on a la the SoundFile View window, but it seems to work fine -- just like any other MT plug-in would work. You can even drag blobs around inside the plug-in interface in real-time during playback and hear live, instant results. The only thing that seems missing, and I don't know that this is unique to SAW, is that you can't scrub on the Melodyne time line or click-hold or click-drag on individual blobs and hear the sound like you can in the stand-alone, even in Live Mode. At least I haven't been able to do that. MMP -- how 'bout you? Again -- I'm not sure if you're even supposed to be able to do that with the VST. I would hope so. Sure would add a lot of utility.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-23-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    There are a few DAWs that have ARA and offer a higher degree of integration with Melodyne. SAW isn't one of them.
    Interesting. I found this on the Celemony site:

"If you would like to support ARA as a developer and are interested in the ARA SDK, please contact ara@celemony.com."

(More at http://www.celemony.com/en/service1/...es?checkLang=1)

I wonder how tough it would be for Bob to add ARA to SAW.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Yes, I told him some time ago. He did contact them.....