Close

Thread: 'acce' file

Default 'acce' file

I received a video that needs ADR tomorrow. I can neither play nor extract the audio. The properties say 69/78 MB and 'acce' as a format.
    I've never come across this before and the searches default to ace codec, audio etc.

Can somebody please shine a light my way?

Thanks,
    Bill
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Default Re: 'acce' file

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    I received a video that needs ADR tomorrow. I can neither play nor extract the audio. The properties say 69/78 MB and 'acce' as a format.
    I've never come across this before and the searches default to ace codec, audio etc.

Can somebody please shine a light my way?

Thanks,
    Bill
    is there a file type designation? searches for acce don't show any usable results.

More than likely they have not sent you the correct file.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Default Re: 'acce' file

It's the sound file embedded in the video. I tried audio extract and I got nothing.
    The only program that will play the audio is VLC and when I extracted it as OGG and tried to convert in Sound Forge, it was double speed.

I think I'm OK for tomorrow's session because I recorded the audio from the on line playback in real time, ugh! I'd like to get to the bottom of this though.

Thanks Philip.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio