Close

Red face Speaker Management through SAC

I just read a post about using SAC for speaker management. I use the multiple outputs and EQ to manage my FOH mains and my sub and that works very well. What are other users doing in this area? What plugins are you using and why? Anybody doing delayed speakers with SAC? Is anybody doing something super creative with their system?

Dale

Default Re: Speaker Management through SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    I just read a post about using SAC for speaker management. I use the multiple outputs and EQ to manage my FOH mains and my sub and that works very well. What are other users doing in this area? What plugins are you using and why? Anybody doing delayed speakers with SAC? Is anybody doing something super creative with their system?

Dale

I'm making an assumption here based on your post, but you shouldn't be using EQ to manage x-over duty. Get the free Dual_Linkwitz_Riley plug-in to do your x-over work.

Its possible to do delayed speakers, but you will need to find a delay that will allow millisecond or even sub-millisecond control.

At some point if your going to get speaker setups that require a great deal of control, your likely to want to get the speaker processors that are paired to the speakers.

Or alternatively your into the DSP controlled power-amps that have delay and x-over designed into them.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I use Bob's delay for delay speakers all the time it CAN be adjusted in 1 mil increments
    And yes get the Link Riley plug in for X over

If you are using $100,000 + worth of speakers then buy their processor
    If you are using $500 bi amped speakers then SAC can take care it just fine
    For my large systems I have speaker processor's with digital in but for smaller shows it is usually just SAC feeding amps with Link Riley xover plug in

Butch

I also use the RML Labs delay for delaying satellite speakers. Sometimes a little delay for the FOH if the back line is too loud and causing some phase problems. I like Waves Q10 Paragraphic EQ (sometimes several of them) with very narrow bands on my outputs to tune out feedback. I also like a Q5 Paragraphic EQ with wider bands for overall tone shaping on outputs. The iZotope Insight plugin is a great on your main FOH outputs to see level and spectrum. It is so much more than a frequency analyzer. Lastly I like the Waves C1 compressor as my final overall mix compression. Most of the work I do does not require a final output brick wall limiter but some times that can be good. Most of my powered speakers have this built in but I occasionally add one after the C1.

Kurt

I use the RS Exact Delay free plugin for this...

http://www.roughsurface.com/vst/rs-exact-delay.html
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

I want to thank everyone for the reply's to this post. Good information and input.

Thanks,