Close

Default Latest motherboard recommendations for Windows 10 SAC/SAW update?

I am about to update my SAC/SAW rig. I am already running Windows 10 and have pretty much figured out the tweaks for that over the last year of so. What are some recommendations for new motherboard and other hardware for a current system to run SAC and SAW?

2. Default Re: Latest motherboard recommendations for Windows 10 SAC/SAW update?

When I rebuild my system a few years ago, I was hoping for motherboard recommendations, but didn't really get any. I ended up using a Asus Z97-A but I'm not sure I would recommend that to anyone!
    It's no secret that SAC runs better on Windows XP than is does on Window 10, and I think that guys like myself that have had XP boxes in the past, and have upgraded (because the hardware failed) to Windows 10, are reluctant to recommend anything, because our current SAC system, simply doesn't run as well as the old one did.
    I'm also pretty sure there isn't that many new SAC systems being build, so there probably isn't that much experimentation going on.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Latest motherboard recommendations for Windows 10 SAC/SAW update?

Hello,

I recently built a system using the Z170-P board and an Intel i5-6500, and no problems whatsoever.

I use WIN7 Pro primarily for Scuffham's S-Gear.

But now that I making the move back to Overloud's TH3 - I may consider going back to XP.

At the same time, I am having no issues whatsoever with WIN7...so I may simply make music instead.

Note: I DID test WIN10 for approximately two weeks, putting it through the very same paces that I have done with WINXP and WIN7, and I must say, it was a very disappointing process to say the least. I am so very grateful for disk imaging.