Close

Blog Entries

Default TCPIP Remote Network Access

Hello,

There are seven sections located in the SAC HelpFile that pertain to the TCP/IP Remote Network Access functionality of SAC and SACRemote.

On reading this documentation, it became apparent - to me at least, that the information that was provided by Bob in those seven sections was somewhat simplistic in nature.

To test this observation, I focused on those areas of the documentation that seemed relevant to the configuration of the TCP/IP Remote Network Access functionality of SAC and SACRemote.

Based on this information, I then proceeded with an installation procedure that is outlined in the attached ZIP file.

Attachment 2566

I would appreciate any comments you may have regarding this procedure.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TCPIP Remote Network Access

Hello,

The following is a simplified procedure of configuring the TCP/IP Remote Network Access functionality of SAC and SACRemote and which should be more applicable to others wishing to use SAC and SACRemote.

Provision is made for collecting all of the pertinent information required to complete the TCP/IP Remote Network Access functionality of SAC and SACRemote.

Attachment 2568

I hope that you will this information helpful.

Thanks Dell...I'm doing some reconfiguration work on my system and will put this to use...
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Blog Entries

Jeff,

I wood be very interested in how it all works out for you.

As a side note, Bob has really done some marvelous work in getting this all to work as it should!

Any tips on using both LAN and WLAN together? For instance having the host on stage with a hard wire connection to the FOH machine and then a tablet connected with WLAN for headphone or monitor mixes for the musicians?

Hard wire from host to WLAN router, Then hard wire from WLAN router to FOH? Then connect laptops or tablets to the WLAN? Most WLAN routers have hard wire ports also I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Any tips on using both LAN and WLAN together? For instance having the host on stage with a hard wire connection to the FOH machine and then a tablet connected with WLAN for headphone or monitor mixes for the musicians?

Hard wire from host to WLAN router, Then hard wire from WLAN router to FOH? Then connect laptops or tablets to the WLAN? Most WLAN routers have hard wire ports also I think.
    I haven't finished setting up my reconfigured rack yet, currently I have a 5Ghz wireless access point that is connected directly to my Host machine, but the plan is to add a small switch between the Access Point and the Host.

This will give me both wireless and hardwire connections.

If my Wireless for some reason is not up to task I'll have the option of stringing an ethernet cable out to FOH.

Name:  wireless-wired.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  17.2 KB
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Hello,

This IS outlined in the above document.

In my scenario, I have the HOST system hard-wired to the LAN/WLAN router.

I then configure the WLAN portion of the router for WLAN connectivity to the REMOTE system.

That is pretty much it.

As stated n the SAC HelpFile, you can connect up to 28 remotes - either using a hard-wired connection or a wireless connection.

The choice is yours.

Hope this helps?

PS: cgrafx, I really love how detailed you are!!

Blog Entries

Hello,

It is very, very important that the entire be shared that SAC will be using.

For example, if SAC is installed on Drive C - then share the entire contents of Drive C.

In my case, I have a separate data drive - Drive G, so I have shared this entire drive as well.
    Note: You cannot share a folder on that drive - you have to share the entire drive.

Therefore, in my scenario, I have to share both drive C and drive G.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

This IS outlined in the above document.

In my scenario, I have the HOST system hard-wired to the LAN/WLAN router.

I then configure the WLAN portion of the router for WLAN connectivity to the REMOTE system.

That is pretty much it.

As stated n the SAC HelpFile, you can connect up to 28 remotes - either using a hard-wired connection or a wireless connection.

The choice is yours.

Hope this helps?

PS: cgrafx, I really love how detailed you are!!

Thanks! That does help.