Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Making the regions in MT mode larger?

OK, next question. The one thing I liked about MixPad, Audacity, and other editors was that the regions were displayed about an inch high, plenty large to view precise areas in the wav form to place the cursor and perform an edit without having to zoom in very much.

In SAW Basic, I can zoom in on the wav, but the bar remains very small. I wish I could adjust the size of the wav display bar and maybe get a lighter, brighter blue so there's more contrast between the wav form and the background. Maybe I have a junky monitor - or maybe it's just my old eyes, but I'm having a good amount of trouble seeing what I'm doing.

Oh, and i will probably never use more than four tracks, so I can afford to lose the additional tracks to make Tracks 1-4 bigger and fatter.

Default Re: Making the regions in MT mode larger?

The easiest way is to play with the Function keys at the top of your keyboard. They offer a wide range of display options that cover most of my needs. If you need more options, you can use the PgUp and PgDn, as well as Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDn to adjust the height of the tracks.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Thanks, Ian. I will try that.

Blog Entries

Tom,

On page 19 of the SAWStudio User manual it states, "The SAWStudio helpfile is carefully written and very useful once you spend some time with it. In fact, it is strongly recommended that you take a couple hours to read (or at least browse) the entire file using the Next and Previous options at the top of the helpfile pages. The time you'll spend reading the helpfile will easily be made up for when you find your sessions are requiring less and less time because you've expanded your knowledge base of the program and can move much quicker."

SAWStudio, as with SAC, is an integrated package, so what you learn in one area, just may be applicable to another - at least that is the way I see it.

So, if you have not yet "done it" - then considered "doing it"! It will not be wasted time!

Hope you find this helpful?

Yes, I agree that the manual is very detailed. However, for what I need to do right away with my new version of SAW, I need to re-learn about five things. That's it.

The manual, rightfully so, is written for serious engineers who are going to be recording bands, making demos, and using the other 75% of SAW's features that I will never even look at. It took me about two days to finally find the sentence that explains how to delete a region.

Also, as I think I have mentioned, my "?" (Help) button does not work in Windows 7, and I think Bob mentions that in his release notes. Going back to the full manual pdf every time I am stuck and need a quick fix is not practical when a client is waiting for a finished sound file.

I totally understand if you are annoyed by my simple newbie questions here, but I need to get up-and-running faster than any manual can do for me. I will try to keep these posts to a minimum. Of course, you can always ignore them, but please don't suggest that I "read the manual" or "Google it."

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Tom,

What version of SAWStudio are you using?

As stated for the 5.6 update: "Re-compiled the helpfile into the newer html help .chm format. This allows for better searching and indexing as well as allows the helpfile to open correctly in Win 7 and 8 and 10."

If you are using an earlier version, you really should consider upgrading.

Your helpfile in SAWStudioBasic 2.6 should work in Win 7, 8 and 10... I have noticed that on some of those systems, after a fresh reboot, the first time the helpfile is accessed it fails and leaves the help process stuck in the task manager... end that task and then it should open just fine after that.

The roll over context help window should work all the time on all Windows OS versions.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    The easiest way is to play with the Function keys at the top of your keyboard. They offer a wide range of display options that cover most of my needs. If you need more options, you can use the PgUp and PgDn, as well as Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDn to adjust the height of the tracks.
    Freakin' AWESOME!!! You are my hero, Ian, and now I love SAW Basic even MORE. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Your helpfile in SAWStudioBasic 2.6 should work in Win 7, 8 and 10... I have noticed that on some of those systems, after a fresh reboot, the first time the helpfile is accessed it fails and leaves the help process stuck in the task manager... end that task and then it should open just fine after that.

The roll over context help window should work all the time on all Windows OS versions.

Bob L
    First of all, my bad. The system on which I have SAW Basic installed runs Windows 10. i confused it with my other "new" computer, which runs Windows 7.

The "Help" menu has popped up erratically, but rarely, when I click the "?." The mouse-over function does not work at all. It doesn't matter. I only have a few more questions, and then I will be able to cut loose!

Cool Re: Making the regions in MT mode larger?

"use the PgUp and PgDn, as well as Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDn to adjust the height of the tracks"
    Thank you!