Close

1. Default Melodyne and Sawstudio

How would you guys solve this problem?

I have 2 drum loops that I input into the MT on two separate tracks. The drum loops are originally 100bpm. I then put in Melodyne with stretch mode on, and when I change the tempo in SAW to 120bpm, melodyne stretches the audio loops because it locks to SAW's tempo. Great so far. I leave Melodyne enabled on these tracks in case I want to change SAW's tempo again, so the audio stretches with it.

But as I compose and decide to put in another 100bpm loop on a separate track and want to stretch it with another instance of Melodyne, Melodyne's locked in tempo is already at 120bpm while transferring the loop, essentially playing the loop and its original tempo even though it displays at 120bpm. How can I stretch this loop to be 120bpm to match the other tracks without affecting the other tracks?

Let me know if this makes sense in how I'm explaining it.

Thank you

Default Re: Melodyne and Sawstudio

How about if you change the tempo back to 100, then add the new loop, then crank up the tempo again?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

3. Default Re: Melodyne and Sawstudio

Thats probably what I'll have to do. Put the tempo back to 100, insert the loop, have melodyne analyze the transfer, then change the tempo back to 120.

Thank you