Close

Default Default Folder To Search For Sound Files

Next question (I think I have one more after this):

How can I change the default folder that SAW opens when I want to search for a particular sound file? Right now, it opens by default to "Audio," but I keep all my sound files in a folder with my company name as a header. I'd like it to go directly to that folder.

Not to be snotty, but if you have a quick answer in your head and you'd like to share it, thank you. If you don't, then do not go out of your way to find it for me, and please resist the urge to tell me to "read the manual." I have read just about all my little brain can handle and I would not be asking if I thought I was close to finding the answer.

Default Re: Default Folder To Search For Sound Files

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Next question (I think I have one more after this):

How can I change the default folder that SAW opens when I want to search for a particular sound file? Right now, it opens by default to "Audio," but I keep all my sound files in a folder with my company name as a header. I'd like it to go directly to that folder.

Not to be snotty, but if you have a quick answer in your head and you'd like to share it, thank you. If you don't, then do not go out of your way to find it for me, and please resist the urge to tell me to "read the manual." I have read just about all my little brain can handle and I would not be asking if I thought I was close to finding the answer.
    fastest way - go to Options/File Path Setup.. clear the line for Session EDL Path, click OK, then go to File/Preferences File/Save Default. From then on, SAW will open to whatever folder your most recent session was stored to.

If you always want SAW to open to a particular folder, then instead of clearing the Session EDL Path, replace the address with the one that points to the main folder with your company name in the title.

One large bit of advice - always create a new subfolder inside your main folder on a per project basis and have all of your session files, undos, etc. go to the project folder - While you're clearing out, or changing the path for your Session EDLs, consider clearing the Line for EDL Undo Path and save that with Preferences as well. This will automatically cause your undo files to store in your session edl folder.

There's another bit about keeping your undos in their own subfolder, if you want them to, but I've never learned what it is..... although (it's in the manual)....... but I never said that.

Thank you, UTD.

I am on my way to the studio computer to try exactly what you said!

TM

Follow-Up: It worked. Thanks again.

Next, on to my biggest problem of all. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by Tom M; 03-19-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,

There's another bit about keeping your undos in their own subfolder, if you want them to, but I've never learned what it is..... although (it's in the manual)....... but I never said that.
    ...See page 42, Understanding Default File Paths.

Simply place \UNDO\ in the EDL Undo Path and in the SoundFile Undo Path. Done!