This may be my last question for a while.

I am using SAW Studio BASIC with a VERY basic audio interface (the $29 Berringer UCA-202) which has always worked fine and sounds more than good-enough for my voice-over/music productions. I am willing to replace it if you guys insist that doing so will fix my problem, but first, here's the issue:

I can play audio from the computer on which SAW is installed, but I cannot receive audio from an external mixer connected to the Berringer interface. This was never a problem with my previous computer or my previous version of SAW.

When I go to set the "in" audio properties in SAW, the Berringer comes up as a USB Microphone, same as it does for the "out" setting. I select it and then try to send in a signal from my external mixer and nothing happens. I even tried putting SAW into "Record Ready" mode and still did not get any signal.

I have also disabled the computer's internal sound card, reinstalled the Berringer interface, messed with volume levels, tried both the "output" jacks on the Berringer and the "headphone out" jack and nothing wants to work.

My guess is that you real audio guys are going to come up with a simple solution that makes me look and feel like a total doofus, but I can handle it, as long as it solves this last major issue I am having with SAW.

Thanks in advance for this - and all the OTHER - answers you have provided over the past couple of weeks. Because of all of you, I am enjoying SAW more and more each session.